Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Parachutes

Mars told me they are making a mounting bracket for the Typhoon H (they recommend the 58 for the H). There are two ways to trigger it: 1). manually which needs a spare channel as Typhoon Charlie stated, or 2). use the MayDay board which only needs power (from the H or from a small spare battery. North UAV is coming out with a backpack battery that is permanent to the case and is recharged thru the USB port. The later would be the best solution in my opinion. On my to do list.

I think i would try and find a single channel reciver and mount it with a battery on the parachute body so its completely independent.

Mars told me they are making a mounting bracket for the Typhoon H (they recommend the 58 for the H). There are two ways to trigger it: 1). manually which needs a spare channel as Typhoon Charlie stated, or 2). use the MayDay board which only needs power (from the H or from a small spare battery. North UAV is coming out with a backpack battery that is permanent to the case and is recharged thru the USB port. The later would be the best solution in my opinion. On my to do list.
That would be so cool. But it must be independent from the H battery. I had a P3p battery quit in the air and nothing could have saved it.

Any news on this ? Are there any parachutes that can fit Typhoon H ?

Are there any tutorials how to attach this parachutes to the Typhoon H ?

I'm thinking the only real use these will have will be by a power failure where the drone suddenly falls out of the sky. Any deployment while the props are spinning will be as usefull as an ejection seat in a helicopter. Likewise collision with a tree might result in the parachute tangling with the branches saving it from a fall but now try to rescue your bird from those thin branches without it crashing down.
Most of the problems that result in the loss of your drones will be fly-aways, toilet bowling and empty battery emergency landings. In all these cases a parachute in not going to help.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
I'm thinking the only real use these will have will be by a power failure where the drone suddenly falls out of the sky. Any deployment while the props are spinning will be as usefull as an ejection seat in a helicopter. Likewise collision with a tree might result in the parachute tangling with the branches saving it from a fall but now try to rescue your bird from those thin branches without it crashing down.
Most of the problems that result in the loss of your drones will be fly-aways, toilet bowling and empty battery emergency landings. In all these cases a parachute in not going to help.
You always have the option to kill the motors using the red button, then deploy the chute.
Personally I think its an overpriced gimmick aimed at the over cautious gadget addict.

Reactions: FlushVision
You always have the option to kill the motors using the red button, then deploy the chute.
Personally I think its an overpriced gimmick aimed at the over cautious gadget addict.
I agree.
In my opinion, I see little use in these parachutes. The circumstances in which they can be deemed of any use are, in my mind, few and far between.
In my experience I've had 3 crashes (two of which were entirely my fault) and in not one of them a parachute would have made any difference to the outcome.

No but in the case of a fly away, I just had this funny vision of a big parachute slowing it down. ; )

I have more a vision of all the parachute leads merrily wraping themselves around the spinning blades. Maybe it will make a big ball of fluff that will cushin the fall.
On the up side it will not be going far. I guess wreckage is better than nothing. At least you will have some spare parts.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Would they automatically deploy, and under what criteria? Otherwise I can't see the point. If you can trigger the release, surely you're still in control of the aircraft?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval