Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Part 107 Drone License a good idea?

You probably understand much better than you give yourself credit for. A few questions for you to answer that might make you feel better as you likely already know the answers to all of them.

Using a general description, how does the baro altimeter function?

What are accelerometers used for?

GPS is used for what?

Can the aircraft be successfully flown and be under full control without benefit of GPS?

The 2.4GHz frequency is used for what"

The 5.8GHz frequency is used for what?

The aircraft uses 4 primary flight controls. Name them.

How is measured altitude presented, above sea level or above ground level?

What is the purpose of Smart Mode?

How does Smart Mode function?

How does Angle Mode differ from Smart Mode?

Using a general description, how does RTH function?

Can RTH activate automatically?

If so, how?

What is the rated voltage of the flight battery?

How many cells does the battery have and how is that represented in labeling?

What is considered to be a safe charge rate for lithium polymer batteries commonly used for multirotors?

What is the minimum safe voltage level of your flight battery?

What is the effective range of the aircraft? (this is a trick question)
Wow! Very thoughtful and comprehensive reply! I think this could be the basis for a FAQ that would be beneficial to all. In this forum I've come across some statements that I suspect are factually incorrect but don't think I'm in a position to dispute them without creating some hard feelings. Yuneec may do things that are not in accordance with standard practices with which I am familiar. I've come across some statements which were presented without qualification as fact but I strongly suspect are a best guess. I don't doubt that they were offered with the best of intentions.

We don’t have to accept what we read or see in social media as “fact”. Nice thing about the internet, it offers everyone the same opportunity to encounter something and perform follow up research at incredibly deep levels to refute or verify. Many times that research will lead to source information not directly associated with what was originally encountered but be nonetheless the most accurate source of information.

Generally research requires both a desire and some effort to do so but the process in and of itself can be quite educational while helping to develop research skills that can be employed in other aspects of our lives. The process is pretty much required by anyone that makes it a point to never go with the first answer to a question provided. As social media assures there will almost never be a single answer it makes the need for research more of a requirement than an option.

Reactions: Phaedrus
We don’t have to accept what we read or see in social media as “fact”. Nice thing about the internet, it offers everyone the same opportunity to encounter something and perform follow up research at incredibly deep levels to refute or verify. Many times that research will lead to source information not directly associated with what was originally encountered but be nonetheless the most accurate source of information.

Generally research requires both a desire and some effort to do so but the process in and of itself can be quite educational while helping to develop research skills that can be employed in other aspects of our lives. The process is pretty much required by anyone that makes it a point to never go with the first answer to a question provided. As social media assures there will almost never be a single answer it makes the need for research more of a requirement than an option.
I wholeheartedly agree. I've been stymied in trying to find authoritative specific information regarding Yuneec drones. Any idea of where I might find the info?

Candidly, the best source for such info is found here in the “stickies” at the beginning of each forum. I know of no better or more comprehensive source for accurate Yuneec product info. The stuff that gets turned into stickies typically has been pretty well vetted through trial and error by people with actual hands on system experience. It’s similar to books about rough carpentry. The books say to pieces of wood can be joined together with a hammer and nail. What they fail to mention is that a nail placed perpendicular to the wood will likely bend when struck by a hammer. it’s those that have been doing it for awhile that end up telling people to angle the nail relative to the arc of the hammer to avoid bending the nail.

Manufacturers are very good about extolling how great their products are but conveniently neglect to reference anything negative. They leave that for the users to encounter and find work arounds for.

For things like manufacturer system schematics you’re going to be out of luck but that is consistent across all consumer drone makers. Once a manufacturer puts (company name) proprietary and competition sensitive at the bottom of a document, and most do, that info stays locked away forever except where other companies or agencies are provided the info for very specific reasons. Even then there will be cross company agreements prohibiting public release of document info.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads