Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Part 107 Night Waiver Information

R

Rayray

Those who have or intend to get a Remote Pilot Certificate and apply for a night waiver (107.29) may know that the FAA is requiring special night vision training, with proof of same, before you can use the waiver once approved.

This UAV Ground School is offering the Night Ops training for 20 bucks. They also train for the Remote Pilot Test, but Night Ops can be taken by itself.
FAA Part 107 Ground School

It would be nice if those that have obtained waivers for different things posted what the FAA needed in order to grant the waivers. Equipment, personnel, communications, special training, etc.

So what is a Night Waiver? Is it a type of permit to fly at night? Only once, or multiple flights?

I would be interested in knowing more details about the night flight waiver as well. Is there much info on the FAA site about it? My apologies, but I haven't had a chance to go look.

So what is a Night Waiver? Is it a type of permit to fly at night? Only once, or multiple flights?
107.29 waiver can be issued for a duration of 2 years, and you can fly every night if you want. Mine allows me to fly in any class G airspace, anytime. The 107.29 can be tagged in with my class B, C, and D, 107.41 waivers as long as I follow the notifications in the 107.41 waivers I can operate at night.

Some items you'll need: At least one visual observer, vehicle lights (one flashing at a certain interval) visable for several statue miles, target lights and Google maps (or other satellite map).

I know this is an old/dead thread. But if anyone is interested in getting a 107.29 waiver I have helped several people get theirs done. Just let me know via private message.

@Bob520
I would like to connect with you about 107.29. I would like to do roof inspections and I need to fly them at night for the cgo-et to pick up the heat signatures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval