Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Peau 3.97mm f/2.8 lens problem

Reaction score
Last week I installed the Peau 3.97mm f/2.8 lens on my CGO3+. During normal daylight conditions the photo's are very sharp (better than the standard lens). But when taking a photo facing the sunset, the corners of the photo turn light. I took this photo with a Polar Pro ND4 filter (ISO 100, exposure 1/160, auto white balance).

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

20160812-Yuneec-00042.jpg

Well that totally sucks. Give Peau a email with the photo. They are pretty good at responding. I have dealt with them with other cameras and they have been very helpful. Expensive but helpful LOL

I'm thinking that its the Polar pro filter causing vignetting.
Vignetting should make the affected area darker, not lighter. Also, the Peau lens has a more narrow FOV, so the Polar Pro filter is less likely to exhibit vignetting with that lens.

My guess is that light is reflecting off the lens barrel or shroud.

Reactions: KBflyer
Anyone knows a firm in The Netherlands (or Europe) which offers focussing aftermarket lenses on the CGO3+?
I know Peau does it, but then I need to send it to the US.

by the way the sample picture is not really sharp as it could be...
You are right. I just re-focussed the lens. It was focused for objects too close.

I re-focussed on further distance. The images are realy sharp now.:)

You are right. I just re-focussed the lens. It was focused for objects too close.

I re-focussed on further distance. The images are realy sharp now.:)
Can you post an example please? I bought the same lens and have yet to install it. I want to know that it is a worthy upgrade. Thanks!

This is a photo after I re-focussed the lens. Same place, about the same conditions. Without ND filter.

The problems in the corners is still present (although less) when shooting in photo modus. When I take a picture in video modus the corners are just fine).

Attachments

• Nijmegen2.jpg
    Nijmegen2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Anyone knows a firm in The Netherlands (or Europe) which offers focussing aftermarket lenses on the CGO3+?
I know Peau does it, but then I need to send it to the US.

i saw a video on youtube off a presentation of a russian firm presenting a replacement lens.
The russians are well known for their very good lens making

the problem is a forgot to save the presentaion and lost the URL
I'm looking it up ...

Marnix

i would like to see some video on their lens well someone that buys it. i would buy one just to test it out

I have returned my Peau 3.97 lens. I tried to contact Peau several times over the last 4 weeks for help but they never replied to my emails.
Carlolina Dronz (where I bought the lens) also tried to contact Peau, but they even didn't reply to them.

When I installed the original CGO3+ lens, i did not have any issues in the corners. So it must have been an issue with the lens.

I have returned my Peau 3.97 lens. I tried to contact Peau several times over the last 4 weeks for help but they never replied to my emails.
Carlolina Dronz (where I bought the lens) also tried to contact Peau, but they even didn't reply to them.

When I installed the original CGO3+ lens, i did not have any issues in the corners. So it must have been an issue with the lens.
They are well aware that there are consistency issues with the sharpness and focus on the edges of their lenses and supposedly trying to find a better way to have them made.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval