Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Peau 3.97mm installation questions

Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing a Peau 3.97mm lens. I can't get rid of blown out whites. I believe I'm close to getting the focus right, but I'm getting really bad banding on bright objects like they are overexposed. I have adjusted my ISO and shutter speed to various settings but still have the problem. Has anyone else seen this before?

Attachments

• YUN00136a.jpg
    YUN00136a.jpg
    994 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Jarred This is pushing camera a lot because of high contrast. What does a standard exterior picture look like? I under expose -5 EV and get good results.

This is pushing camera a lot because of high contrast. What does a standard exterior picture look like? I under expose -5 EV and get good results.

I haven't taken an exterior shot yet. I'll try it tomorrow. I never got this before with the stock lense, so I'm not certain if there's something wrong with my sensor.

I'm in the process of installing a Peau 3.97mm lens. I can't get rid of blown out whites. I believe I'm close to getting the focus right, but I'm getting really bad banding on bright objects like they are overexposed. I have adjusted my ISO and shutter speed to various settings but still have the problem. Has anyone else seen this before?
That is a defective camera. I had that problem with my first one. Yuneec replaced it.

That is a defective camera. I had that problem with my first one. Yuneec replaced it.

I guess I'm screwed if it's a defective sensor. I'm leaving for a trip Oct 12th with plans to bring this. I voided the warranty by putting the lens on and Yuneec would take their time sending a replacement. I had a sensor mount sent with the lens and was told it's just a matter of using a soldering iron to carefully remove the mount. I very carefully tried this but the mount wouldn't budge so I left it intact and threaded the new Peau lens with a wrap of teflon tape to give a snug fit. I'm going to replace the original lens and see if I still have the problem. If I do, then I'll conclude the sensor somehow got screwed up when I (gently) attempted to remove the lens mount, although I can't see how that could have happened. If this CGO3+ is screwed up, I might be ordering an X-Star Premium tomorrow and deal with putting everything back in order when I return from the trip.

Jarred This is pushing camera a lot because of high contrast. What does a standard exterior picture look like? I under expose -5 EV and get good results.

I did try under expose also but it still didn't help.

I guess I'm screwed if it's a defective sensor. I'm leaving for a trip Oct 12th with plans to bring this. I voided the warranty by putting the lens on and Yuneec would take their time sending a replacement. I had a sensor mount sent with the lens and was told it's just a matter of using a soldering iron to carefully remove the mount. I very carefully tried this but the mount wouldn't budge so I left it intact and threaded the new Peau lens with a wrap of teflon tape to give a snug fit. I'm going to replace the original lens and see if I still have the problem. If I do, then I'll conclude the sensor somehow got screwed up when I (gently) attempted to remove the lens mount, although I can't see how that could have happened. If this CGO3+ is screwed up, I might be ordering an X-Star Premium tomorrow and deal with putting everything back in order when I return from the trip.
Are you certain that you did not have the problem before your lens replacement? If you have some really high contrast still shots, you may see the lines in the very brightest highlights.
You might get them to cross ship a replacement camera. Send them some images from the defective one. My original camera had the vertical lines in the bright areas. I sent it to them for service. They returned it without fixing the problem. I assume they tested it indoors without a high contrast scene. I sent them more samples images of the problem and they agreed to cross ship a replacement. As soon as I sent them a UPS notification that I had shipped it, they sent the replacement one.
Good luck

Are you certain that you did not have the problem before your lens replacement? If you have some really high contrast still shots, you may see the lines in the very brightest highlights.
You might get them to cross ship a replacement camera. Send them some images from the defective one. My original camera had the vertical lines in the bright areas. I sent it to them for service. They returned it without fixing the problem. I assume they tested it indoors without a high contrast scene. I sent them more samples images of the problem and they agreed to cross ship a replacement. As soon as I sent them a UPS notification that I had shipped it, they sent the replacement one.
Good luck

Yeah, I never saw this kind of problem with the stock lens. I've even taken pictures of the same lights I posted and they didn't look like this. I'm pretty stressed about this and looking for options with just under 2 weeks to get this fixed.

Yeah, I never saw this kind of problem with the stock lens. I've even taken pictures of the same lights I posted and they didn't look like this. I'm pretty stressed about this and looking for options with just under 2 weeks to get this fixed.
Well, the bad thing is that even if they get you a replacement camera in time, it could need refocusing. Even with the Cross shipment, mine arrived a day too late for a once in a lifetime trip. I was a bit nervous about taking the H anyway, since I had little experience flying it and would be flying in extreme heat over fast moving water. I took my home built waterproof quad instead.
I would put the original lens back on the camera, send them images of the soft focus and vertical lines in the highlights, call and see if they will cross ship a replacement. Your camera was defective to begin with. Otherwise, you would not have to changes lenses. My replacement took a week to arrive.

Jared check the bottom where component maybe some is damaged
and check the connector where the connection-tape going in maybe is misaligned

I just checked everything and the connections look fine. After reinstalling the stock lens I'm getting the same problem. I have to conclude the sensor somehow got damaged. I guess it's time to shop for a replacement CGO3+ since this has voided the warranty.

I just checked everything and the connections look fine. After reinstalling the stock lens I'm getting the same problem. I have to conclude the sensor somehow got damaged. I guess it's time to shop for a replacement CGO3+ since this has voided the warranty.
You might look for some users who have crashed their H and find a camera which has a broken gimbal but usable camera. Just a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval