Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Peau lens

Reaction score
I can see some value in adding the Peau lens but I'm wondering since a lot of my jobs will be in residential developments where the homes are pretty close together if being zoomed (for lack of a better word) in that much might cause me to have to back up far enough to film the front of the house that I would have to fly over or in a neighbor yard across the street? I can see the value for overhead shots in that I would be able to keep my altitude considerably less which is a benefit being there are several airports by me that will require FAA approval and I'm guessing if I can cap my altitude at 50' rather than 100' might help my case. Those that have the lens installed I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Chad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hold off... within 3 months you will have 3 choices... the longer lens offered with the CGO-CI, the Peau and the new longer lens from
PixAero. If you have any concerns with the quality of the original CGO3+ lens, I'd send it in for a PixAero 3.77, before thinking of the
Peau, IMHO.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll hold off. I'm happy with the quality of the stock lens so I'm not in any rush. Thanks for the heads up.

Hold off... within 3 months you will have 3 choices... the longer lens offered with the CGO-CI, the Peau and the new longer lens from
PixAero. If you have any concerns with the quality of the original CGO3+ lens, I'd send it in for a PixAero 3.77, before thinking of the
Peau, IMHO.
Yup........several people have found the PixAero is far better in quality than the Peau.

I can see some value in adding the Peau lens but I'm wondering since a lot of my jobs will be in residential developments where the homes are pretty close together if being zoomed (for lack of a better word) in that much might cause me to have to back up far enough to film the front of the house that I would have to fly over or in a neighbor yard across the street? I can see the value for overhead shots in that I would be able to keep my altitude considerably less which is a benefit being there are several airports by me that will require FAA approval and I'm guessing if I can cap my altitude at 50' rather than 100' might help my case. Those that have the lens installed I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Chad

You are right if you are trying to get lot in the frame with regards to the Peau lens. I have the 8.25 one and even at 100 metres up you get nowhere near the amount of coverage in the picture that you get with the standard lens. The narrower FOV only becomes and advantage when circumstance occur where you cannot get the Typhoon close enough. For instance in the UK the law states you must be 50metres away from an event with people in it. The Peau lens would then give you a much closer shot. I am not convinced about the quality of the Pix Aero as against the Peau lens. But I will also be interested to see it when it finally comes.

You are right if you are trying to get lot in the frame with regards to the Peau lens. I have the 8.25 one and even at 100 metres up you get nowhere near the amount of coverage in the picture that you get with the standard lens. The narrower FOV only becomes and advantage when circumstance occur where you cannot get the Typhoon close enough. For instance in the UK the law states you must be 50metres away from an event with people in it. The Peau lens would then give you a much closer shot. I am not convinced about the quality of the Pix Aero as against the Peau lens. But I will also be interested to see it when it finally comes.
From the posts I've seen some people have had to return the lens to Peau to get one that is decent. One of the members here had to return 3 before he got a useable lens. It sounds like they haven't done a good job of inspection before shipping.

From the posts I've seen some people have had to return the lens to Peau to get one that is decent. One of the members here had to return 3 before he got a useable lens. It sounds like they haven't done a good job of inspection before shipping.
With any mass produced article that is comparatively cheap there is always that possibility Borne out by the number of Typhoon's that have trouble. Plus I am a bit more forgiving as I take into account the price I paid. In this world if you pay $5 worth that is what you usually get. I have heard very good things of Pixaero from my good friend at Typhoon EU though and will consider very carefully when the lens comes out. Giving a FOV of 50 degrees will be perfect for me the 41 degrees of the Peau lens is perhaps a fraction too close. I appreciate your post.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer