Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

People having weird issues with the H.... do you wear a smart watch?

Reaction score
I'm curious how smart watches might impact the way these copters behave. Considering they operate in the same frequency ranges....

I have issues, and I don't wear a smart watch or even bring my phone with me when flying....
It could be the extreme anger interfering with the flight however... as thats also a common trait with flying the TH.

Reactions: CapnDave
I have an iWatchno problem.

I leave my iphone in 'airplane' mode when I'm flying.
That way I can view the camera using wifi as well as the controller.

Reactions: Rayray
I have issues, and I don't wear a smart watch or even bring my phone with me when flying....
It could be the extreme anger interfering with the flight however... as thats also a common trait with flying the TH.

You are really unlucky with your H
bought mine end of june and never had any problem with it.

Marnix

I'm curious how smart watches might impact the way these copters behave. Considering they operate in the same frequency ranges....

The two frequencies each have a large number of channels. If another device happened to be on the same channel (not likely), you can change channels. Not sure if the H control will do it automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are really unlucky with your H
bought mine end of june and never had any problem with it.

Marnix

Yeah, bit of bad luck for sure.... I can tell you this if you want a really funny thing to read.... keep reading below....

The below tale, is not fiction, and it really happened.. 1-9 all happened within 10 days, the rest was dragged out because of shipping delays.... Not looking to whine or complain, just wanted to share the story - (honestly its actually really funny and makes for a great story when out for a beer with the guys at work, we had a great laugh about this all)

1) Travel agent booked, and received a confirmation of my flight to Toronto... I tried to check in, Travel agents payment to airline failed and I'm not allowed to board the plane.

2) Travel agent fixes ticket and I leave on my flight to Toronto a few days later for a 4 hour meeting, and fly back, quick 12 hour overnight. On way back, airline messes up my ticket and despite having a confirmed seat, assigned and confirmation number - airline says I can't board the plane, as It was booked as a one way flight

3) I talk them into fixing the flight and JUST make the flight. half way back home, guy has a heart attack on the plane, we make an emergency landing and for 40+ min in flight they are giving this poor guy CPR. We land, and they take him off the plane, and give him CPR for 30 more seconds and declare him dead. If your from Canada, you will appreciate that we were in Winnipeg and not getting off the plane.

4) Plane landed Heavy, so they have to inspect it, and reload medical supplies. Flight basically gets me home 8 hours after original departure. Had to change flight crew, and they were missing medical supplies so had to wait.

5) I should have been at at the cabin with the wife and kids, but late flight issues so I told them to go without me, as my TH happen to be delivered to my house and I figured I will fly it. I enjoy 3 great days with it, I am WOWED by the aircraft.

6) Sunday afternoon rolls around and I'm down to my second last battery when my TH takes off on its own, zig zags over my community lake and crashes into some forest area at over 60 KM/h. After a 4 hour search and 1000's of bug bites, 4 cuts from barb wire hidden in the wooded area I find it.

7) After a quick tetanus shot Monday morning, I tell this (Above) story over lunch to one of our executives, have a great lunch actually... On the way home a 12 foot long x 1.5 inch thick plastic ABS pipe falls off a plumbing truck and smashes out my windshield, we are on the hi way and going a 120KM/h.

8) Dealer replaced the windshield for me for $1850 CAD, keeps car over night - side note heads up display makes this not cheap! The plumbing company gladly pays for the damage and the driver was a really nice guy BTW.

9) I pick up my car, and the dealer has accidentally damaged the fabric pillars around the windshield and cut them with a razor blade. Car is still at the dealer until next week waiting for parts to arrive.

10) Yuneec Sends out a replacement and in less than 24 hours, it has to go back.

11) a major deal I'm working on at work falls apart as a key player has to take a 3 month leave (I'm not posting why on purpose)

12) 3rd Drone is shipped, but Yuneec ships it with the wrong address, but still makes it to my home town at the main depot. UPS calls me to tell me they will not let me have the package as my address on my license doesn't match. Says Yuneec has to call and fix it. 48 hours I give up on Yuneec as they can't seem to fix the issue and drive down to UPS, with confidence I tell them I'm there to get the package and give them the tracking number. They don't even check my ID and I get the drone at last....

So

After all that, I'm actually VERY excited to get this thing in the air and have it fly good and safe... I purchased it to have fun, and I intend to do just that! I feel better about this even tonight after getting the Sept 13th code installed the errors have gone away and I am looking forward to my first flight with it on Friday... As for all the other stuff - all I can say is the guy on the plane had it way worse, and the guy driving the plumbing truck got charged as if it was a MVA despite my best efforts with police to help him out. Kids had a fantastic time at the cabin and I had a great weekend in the middle of it all.... Not to mention, how many places around the world make it possible to own one of these and enjoy the down time.

There is always a brighter side, and every time I recall those few weeks, I smile... There was some great moments in there and some really nice people along the way with whom I shared a few moments with - even the dealership guys were really good, driving a new loaner car and they put up no fuss about the repairs....

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayray and JohnL
Darn, my Android phone in Airplane Mode kills my Wi-Fi also.

When you put your Android phone in Airplane mode, you can re-start the wi-fi manually. I used to do this to older phones that were no longer connected to cell service for my kids to use as "second hand" music players.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval