Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

PERSONAL SAFETY

Reaction score
Hi All, I would like to issue a personal safety warning to everyone flying Quads/UAV aircraft.

Last weekend and the day before going to the field my friend was preparing his quad (not a Yuneec or Phantom) and was testing it on his bench (did not take the props off) and somehow which is not clear yet he engaged full throttle and cut off both fingers on the right hand and was rushed to hospital to re-attach them.
I apologize for these chilling words but I want to send a message as we sometimes forget that our hobby or craft has some serious equipment and I want to emphasise to the new comers that these aircraft are NOT TOYS and
we need to treat them with respect and I repeat these are NOT TOYS!
I believe my friend will eventually get full use from his fingers and luckily if there is such a thing in this case it was a very clean cut.

The above made me look at the Yuneec Typhoon props they are VERY sharp, please check for yourself so
I suggest always respect the spinning props as I believe when spinning in idle mode they do 1,400 RPM so I say CAREFUL is the word.

If you need to test something by running the motors "TAKE THE PROPS OFF" then do all the testing you need to do.

Thanks for your consideration of this.
Cheers, JV

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Hi All, I would like to issue a personal safety warning to everyone flying Quads/UAV aircraft.

Last weekend and the day before going to the field my friend was preparing his quad (not a Yuneec or Phantom) and was testing it on his bench (did not take the props off) and somehow which is not clear yet he engaged full throttle and cut off both fingers on the right hand and was rushed to hospital to re-attach them.
I apologize for these chilling words but I want to send a message as we sometimes forget that our hobby or craft has some serious equipment and I want to emphasise to the new comers that these aircraft are NOT TOYS and
we need to treat them with respect and I repeat these are NOT TOYS!
I believe my friend will eventually get full use from his fingers and luckily if there is such a thing in this case it was a very clean cut.

The above made me look at the Yuneec Typhoon props they are VERY sharp, please check for yourself so
I suggest always respect the spinning props as I believe when spinning in idle mode they do 1,400 RPM so I say CAREFUL is the word.

If you need to test something by running the motors "TAKE THE PROPS OFF" then do all the testing you need to do.

Thanks for your consideration of this.
Cheers, JV

hi
yes you are 100% correct , as much as we are told these are " TOYS " they are not . years ago when RC planes used wooden props many fingers were cut and broken the saying was it's part of the hobby , we all have to be aware of our surroundings , like anything we do in life we must be careful . to hurt your self in a hobby that you love and enjoy would be adding insult to injury .
fly safe and have fun

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech