Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photo from video

Reaction score
Hi-

Do you guys tend to put your drones up and shoot still photos, or do you run video and grab stills from that? I'm new to this, so I'm running a lot of videos, but I'm not sure how to get a good still from it. The attempts I have made look like crap! So, I'm suspecting I should be shooting photos if I want photos.

Tips are welcome! Thanks!

You are correct... shoot photos if you want the full 13 MP resolution available. You also need to use manual settings, if you are not already doing so... you will never have an optimal photo (or video, for that matter) using auto settings.

Also if you shoot video with ND filters to reduce shutter speed for more fluid video, that is fine... but take the time to remove those ND filters when shooting stills. With photos, you want the highest shutter speed available to minimize image softness due to vibration.

Last edited:
If you are shooting video in 4K the frame grabs can be useful for some uses. Use VLC player or MPC-HC player to get the full resolution from the video.

Hi-

Do you guys tend to put your drones up and shoot still photos, or do you run video and grab stills from that? I'm new to this, so I'm running a lot of videos, but I'm not sure how to get a good still from it. The attempts I have made look like crap! So, I'm suspecting I should be shooting photos if I want photos.

Tips are welcome! Thanks!

With one tap I’m in photo mode! Photos always best in photo mode for me..

Hi all,

Can I please ask, does your Yuneec Breeze 4k take 13-megapixel jpgs? All mine keep coming out at about 5-7Mp in size???

Thanks.

Mine I think are around 5mb reso 4160 x 3120IMG_3865.jpg

These are only camera setting with regards to quality. In flight or ground mode you can adjust some exposure +- and white balance/set scene if I remember clearly.

Mine I think are around 5mb reso 4160 x 3120View attachment 10106

These are only camera setting with regards to quality. In flight or ground mode you can adjust some exposure +- and white balance/set scene if I remember clearly.

Thanks ravell. I have mine on ultra high and the 4k setting (though I don't use the video function). Mine are 4160 x 3120, but I was sure the jpg size should be bigger? Like 13MP should come out at 13MP, shouldn't it?

No, If it was able to shoot RAW yes, when compressed to JPEG format it’s what it is. Trust me if photography is not your career you will quickly grow tired of working with such huge file sizes and RAW. But for average joe like us the pics are great.

13 MP refers to the number of pixels (13,000,000) in the image... which does not correspond with the final file size in megabytes.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro