Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photo and Video fails to shoot

YHG

Reaction score
Hello Im having problem when trying to do photos and videos with the CGO3 app it shows msg "taking failure" for photos and "record start failure" for video can you provide any advice from your experience.
I own a Q500 with a CGO 3 in really good conditions and I would like to continue using it capability, very attached to that drone
Thanks.

Reactions: Peter b
Hello Im having problem when trying to do photos and videos with the CGO3 app it shows msg "taking failure" for photos and "record start failure" for video can you provide any advice from your experience.
Thanks

SD cards are a common cause of this problem. Even if the card works fine in other devices.
I would start by trying a different SD card in the camera.

Smaller cards work better. Fat32 format works for cards up to 32 Gigabytes. Cards marked with "3" inside a "U" are needed for higher resolution photo/video.

This post by @DoomMeister shows the card requirements:

If the card is not the problem, let us know.

Thanks
Are you referring to the CGO app for Android or the CGO3 app for iOS?

For both apps you need to connect the device running the app to the WiFi AP of the camera. Go to the WiFi settings, select the SSID, and enter the password (1234567890). For the CGO3 camera the SSID will be CGO3_xxxxxx where the x’s are last 6 digits of the camera’s MAC address. For the CGO3+ camera the SSID will be CGO3P_xxxxxx.

If you are connected and still experiencing these issues then it could be the SD card as suggested by @WTFDproject. If you are using the Android version of the app you may need to try one of the older versions of the apk. You can find them on the APKPure website.

Reactions: Pier2162
CGO3/3+ can use up to a 128GB SD card.

If you use a 64GB or 128GB card format it as exFAT.

If you use a 16GB or 32GB card use FAT32 formatting.

Reactions: Chris Koch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33