Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photo quality in RAW

Probably file size. I don't know what the limit is, but Simon Newton's DNG is 23 MB.
That would be my guess as well.
No, I didn't get it, I'm still waiting
Well I can tell you that the dng (raw) images are quite decent but you must remember the camera uses a very small sensor and a fixed aperture so it is still limited a bit in quality in comparison to say an aps-c sensor.

That would be my guess as well.

Well I can tell you that the dng (raw) images are quite decent but you must remember the camera uses a very small sensor and a fixed aperture so it is still limited a bit in quality in comparison to say an aps-c sensor.

Thank you. I already own a DJI Phantom 2 with GoPro and a 3DR X8+ also with GoPro. I did many photos since two years with the GoPro so I know that a small sensor will not have the same quality as my Full Frame Camera.

Reactions: Forrestt
These were all shot RAW, and then processed w/LightRoom using the CGO3 on my Q500 4k. If anyone wants the untouched DNG files, I can throw some in Dropbox.

YUN00056.jpg YUN00090.jpg YUN00068.jpg YUN00130.jpg YUN00125.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: eric bee
Although this was done with the Q500 I would imagine the differences between the different modes would be similar. Near the end he puts all fours modes on the same screen for comparison.

Reactions: Forrestt
Thank you. I already own a DJI Phantom 2 with GoPro and a 3DR X8+ also with GoPro. I did many photos since two years with the GoPro so I know that a small sensor will not have the same quality as my Full Frame Camera.
Hope I didn't come across as that I were assuming you didn't have any camera knowledge. If so I appologize, just here to help and learn as well. :)

Although this was done with the Q500 I would imagine the differences between the different modes would be similar. Near the end he puts all fours modes on the same screen for comparison.
One of the best comparisons I've seen thus far in regards to the scene modes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval