Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photograph Mode Not working

Reaction score
I flew the H Pro this morning because I needed to take a couple photographs of a park. When I reached altitude I tried to switch to photo mode but i went right back to video mode and wouldn't allow me to use photo mode. I'm sure something is turned off. Can anyone help me out?

You might gain some insight by placing the drone at a significant distance and trying again. If the 5.8 WiFi command signal from the controller is not strong enough, it MIGHT cause the issue. The video you see on screen is on the same WiFi, but is traveling in the opposite direction. Good video on screen does not always equate to good camera feature control. Things like white balance, resolution may also be affected.
Were you able to start /stop video?
I don't do much advanced photography. Do any of the advanced flight modes (Orbit, POI) override the camera mode?

You might gain some insight by placing the drone at a significant distance and trying again. If the 5.8 WiFi command signal from the controller is not strong enough, it MIGHT cause the issue. The video you see on screen is on the same WiFi, but is traveling in the opposite direction. Good video on screen does not always equate to good camera feature control. Things like white balance, resolution may also be affected.
Were you able to start /stop video?
I don't do much advanced photography. Do any of the advanced flight modes (Orbit, POI) override the camera mode?
I was able to start/stop video
A while ago I used the this drone to shoot video in follow me mode. If that helps but I've used it since then to shoot video.

Chris,

Some questions:

When you are trying to switch to photo, are you selecting the camera icon at the middle right side of the ST16 display?

Is it the above action that is not working for you?

Also, when in video mode, it seems you are saying the photo button works to take a photo. Is this correct?

Last question: when you ARE able to get a photo taken, what are the file sizes you are seeing?

Reason I ask is, at least with my aircraft: when in photo mode, via the aforementioned camera icon selection, the file sizes are around 12mb, if memory serves correctly. When in video mode and pressing the photo button, the images are lucky to reach 1mb.

Important if one needs the resolution!

Jeff

Chris,

Some questions:

When you are trying to switch to photo, are you selecting the camera icon at the middle right side of the ST16 display?

Is it the above action that is not working for you?

Also, when in video mode, it seems you are saying the photo button works to take a photo. Is this correct?

Last question: when you ARE able to get a photo taken, what are the file sizes you are seeing?

Reason I ask is, at least with my aircraft: when in photo mode, via the aforementioned camera icon selection, the file sizes are around 12mb, if memory serves correctly. When in video mode and pressing the photo button, the images are lucky to reach 1mb.

Important if one needs the resolution!

Jeff
The photo button wasn't working. I could take video but not photos. I took it back out this morning and everything worked as it should.
Thanks for the info

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33