Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Picture Quality

Did see the larger version on Facebook... and is that with the OEM CGO3+ lens?

A post of someone being happy with the CGO3+ is a refreshing change. If you get a chance to post the full resolution photos
here, I'd like to see them. I'm going to be very interested in what degree of difference my upgraded lenses will give me.

A post of someone being happy with the CGO3+ is a refreshing change. If you get a chance to post the full resolution photos
here, I'd like to see them. I'm going to be very interested in what degree of difference my upgraded lenses will give me.

I'm not saying there's no room for improvement but for what it is and when used correctly I think most can be very happy with the results. If your depending on AWB and the rest of the Auto Settings to do everything for you then your going to continue to receive mediocre photos most times. If your actually using the manual settings along with the proper ND filter for your conditions then I think you can achieve above average results most would be pleased with.

Reactions: PatR
Absolutely... like any process you make one change, and something else comes up... a hundred different steps, that each make
a small shift toward the results that you are looking for.

Hi Guys,

...just got 'thrown off' a shoot due to poor images - a fruit farm for which the owner was hoping to see his rapidly ripening fruit stocks.
Can anyone confirm if this 'quality' is it - I mean if you try & zoom in, the image just pixelates itself into oblivion.
If this is the best you can expect from a TH/CGO3+, then sadly I think its 'game over'....View attachment 4615

To answer your question - the image you have posted is 1920 x 1080 - just 2Mp. That is probably because you took a photo whilst in Video mode. Make sure you switch to Photo mode and you will get 12Mp photos (4000 x 3000).

It's also quite over exposed. Use the D pad on the bottom left of the controller to adjust brightness. You can switch on a live histogram view to make sure you've got everything somewhere in the middle of the range. This is important for aerial imagery as you often have a combination of dark ground and bright sky in the same picture, so exposure has to be set correctly.

You could probably get better white balance too. The D pad on the bottom left also allows you to select the default white balance - Sunrise/Sunset actually produces the most 'true' images out of the auto modes.

Finally, you can enable 'Raw' mode, which will produce both JPG and DNG images. The DNG image is uncompressed, so you can edit it in a decent photo editor without getting compression artifacts.

So, the image you posted is far from the best quality you can get from the CGO3+. You need to spend a little more time learning the camera's functions before you go into shoots for customers.

TOTOMcJoe..Your sky looks very unnatural, none of my clients would accept that sort of "photo illustration" element...the rest looks good....was that the hand of God at the top of your sky or did your hand slip on the vibrance and saturation sliders?

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis