Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pictures/videos on ST16 seem to have been deleted

Reaction score
Hi All, I just noticed that all of the pictures stored on my ST16 more than a few days old in the gallery folder and on the controller page seem to have been deleted. I may have deleted them unintentionally (no idea how I could have) but I am wondering if anyone else has seen unexplained deletion of files on the ST16 or if I need to look for them in a different location or is there something else I could have done with settings somewhere to explain this. Thanks ahead of time.

The files on the ST16 are overwritten by newer files as required... however all the files stored on the ST16 are lower resolution.
You must copy (or better, move) your original camera files off of your microSD card that is put in the camera. That is the only place
the full resolution video and photo files are written to.

Thank you for the confirmation of what appears to have happened. Do you know what the algorithm is to determine when files get over-ridden on the ST16?? Is it when the gallery directory gets to be a certain size and if so, can this be adjusted or is it something different?? Can I have videos deleted and not the pictures?? Also, thanks for the suggestion about the higher resolution pictures from the SD card from the camera and saving these, I have been doing this as well but I enjoy easliy flipping through in slide show mode on the ST16 directly.

When the ST16 internal storage gets to a certain level the older video and photos are deleted by oldest dates. If you prefer to store more photos just delete the videos after every couple of flights.

The quick start guide describes the maximum number of videos and photos the -16 will save before over writing them. Each has a different limit. The limit cannot be changed.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The quick start guide describes the maximum number of videos and photos the -16 will save before over writing them. Each has a different limit. The limit cannot be changed.

Thanks for the replies. However I can not find the above mentioned maximum video/photo numbers that can be stored on the ST-16 in the quick start guide that was on the SD card that came with the drone.. maybe I am blind. Do you have a page number, link to online doc or could you cut/paste for me?? thnx

It's not a fixed maximum, it is based on available space in the ST16's internal storage. I don't believe it will utilize a SD card if you plug on in.

It does not directly record to an SD card.

Sorry about that, but the ST-16 image file note isn't in the Quick Start Guide after all, It's in the firmware update "What's New" PDF. Scroll down to the v_B22 update notes.

Attachments

• ST16 Firmware Update Version B25 What's New.pdf
    759.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thanks for pointing me to this.. here is the info cut/pasted so others can easily see it for reference: "ST16 can store up to 20 pictures and 10 videos in internal storage for users to preview. If the limit is exceeded, the oldest photo/video will be erased from ST16 internal storage with the picture/video stored in SD card still exist."

Another thing just I learned in this document is how to screen shot: "Long press [middle icon bottom/middle of screen ] button to capture screenshot. Tap Pad, then tap [::: ] icon. Tap Gallery and pictures could be found in Screenshot folder." So many hidden features to learn:)

Reactions: Steve Carr
Sorry i steered you to the wrong place the first time. Hopefully amends were made by putting up all the upgrade notes

A word of caution, do not enter Pad mode while in flight. Doing so cuts off flight control, terminating RC with the aircraft. The aircraft will rise to RTH height or remain at the current height if higher than the RTH height, return to the last known position of the -16 and hover until it regains link or runs the battery down far enough to auto land. To correct such a condition just exit Pad mode. Learned that from experience.

My ST-16 gallery shows all the pictures I have taken but they don't get written to any SD card. I'm at a loss as to what to try.

The photo and video files are written to the microSD card that is inserted into the CGO3 camera before use.
If you did not insert a microSD card in the camera the SD card icon in the upper right corner of the screen will
show "SD Not detected". The ST-16 will not write files from the gallery to a SD card. You must copy (or move)
the files from the microSD card in the camera.

Last edited:
The SD card is being detected but nothing was being written to it. Since I posted, I did a firmware update and was able to get Typhoon to take a picture and write it to the SD card, and I was able to move it from the SD card to my computer. I'm off to flying tomorrow to see how it reacts in the sky with the new firmware and to see if it will continue taking pictures now and writing them to the SD card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval