Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Please help! Anybody! CGO3 recording issue.

Reaction score
I recently bought a Yuneec Q500 4k
Everything works great EXcept one major issue.
I start recording in flight and many times when I press stop recording on the controller it states “recording stopped” but the cgo3 continues to flash green and blue. Which means it’s still recording and when I go to start recording again I get a “failed start recording “ message in there controller and I have to turn off the drone with it still recording which causes issues for me when I try and transfer the files to my computer.
I’ve changes the SD card three times . Don’t think it’s that . I would appreciate any advice out the!!!!!!:(

Again I told you my story here :)
I've had the same problem a two years ago. Start recording and after 2-3 minutes i can't stop recording or if i restart drone i can't start recording again. These issue is not in the card, real problem is in camera. Camera was overheating and has problem with motherboard. So I've sent my camera to Yuneec and they replace my camera.

So if the problem is the same you have to change camera :(

By my opinion problem comes when you shooting 4k video during very hot day.

So now.. i moving to DJI Mavic Air 2.. Q500 it's good machine but too old to spend more money for spare parts.

Best Regards,

Last edited:
Did the previous owner provide any history of updates, repairs, existing issues, or anything that might provide a clue?
What firmware versions are currently loaded?
The issue could be related to an incomplete firmware update. The instructions provided by Yuneec were not well written. The Yuneec instructions have led many to be confused by which zip files must be extracted, and which files must be left compressed. The significant shortcoming is that the Yuneec instructions did not make it clear that when you click the "Finish" button, you are NOT finished. There is a second half of the update that is often overlooked.
You listed your equipment as Q500 4K, and camera CGo3. That would imply your controller is an ST10+. The only update currently available is made for the ST12 and ST10+. IF you try to load the firmware on an older ST10 (without the "+"), you will brick the controller.
If you have an ST10+ (or ST12), it would be worth the try to redo the firmware on your controller using the correct instructions. See Attachment 33 (ST10+ Firmware Update) in the PDF file attached to "Way To Fix Drones project". Note the document menu is hyperlinked to the sections. Find Attachment 33 in the menu and click on it. It will take you to the section without having to dig through the document.

Have you checked if the video stop button working in HW-monitor? Maybe it's simply the button...
Another try would be to use the CGO3 app to control the camera and check if there is the same problem or not.

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
Again I told you my story here :)
I've had the same problem a two years ago. Start recording and after 2-3 minutes i can't stop recording or if i restart drone i can't start recording again. These issue is not in the card, real problem is in camera. Camera was overheating and has problem with motherboard. So I've sent my camera to Yuneec and they replace my camera.

So if the problem is the same you have to change camera :(

By my opinion problem comes when you shooting 4k video during very hot day.

So now.. i moving to DJI Mavic Air 2.. Q500 it's good machine but too old to spend more money for spare parts.

Best Regards,
**** that sucks. I’m feeling like that may be my problem. Guess that’s what I get for buying refurbished:(

Hey thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I do have a ST10+ and my firmware is currently showing “st10+v01b31c”
So not sure what the problem is.
Guess it’s my fault for buying a refurbished one from eBay.. fail.
Your choice. Bear in mind the controller will report the current firmware, even if the second half of the update was not performed.

It is not working now, so trying the advise given to you can’t hurt. You are getting advise from two of the most experienced owners/users on this forum. I would suggest you give it a try and see what happens.

Your choice. Bear in mind the controller will report the current firmware, even if the second half of the update was not performed.

Thanks for the help. That WTFproject file seems very helpful. I did what you said but I get a message saying a file is not found on the SD card when I try and update at the end. Is this because I formatted the SD card on the computer

Also. I’m using a SDHC in the controller and SDXC in the camera. Could this be the issue? It just seems like when I fly the drone away from me I hear a beep on the controller and then I realized I am unable to stop the recording

As long as the SDXC is 128GB or less that should not matter. To record 4K video it should be Class 10, U3 (3 inside the U). You should test this on the ground before sending it on a flight. You can simulate loss of WiFi connection by moving the controller throughout the house. If it works while in the same room, but fails as the WiFi connection gets weak that is the problem.

Reactions: Jgero1135

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop