Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

POI with trim button

Reaction score
Hi just got a late evening thought I haven't tested yet. IF I just do a few clicks on the right trim button and let the drone fly slowly sideways and then I only have to concentrate/focus on the left stick wouldn't that be an easy way to fly POI? Or will the trim setting disconnect if I touch the left stick?

If you turn on advanced in the ST-16 settings you will have access to POI, Journey, and Watch/Follow Me modes from the the Main screen.

I am quite certain that the right stick has to be moved to cancel the trim function. Left stick inputs do not affect trim. You will find that yaw inputs will lag just a bit when you are in trim mode.

Hi Photo, I have found that to do a good POI takes sideways travel along with very precise Rudder or Yaw control. Doing so manually is easy if you practice it enough. As you correctly point out, using the Trim should be advantageous because it automates one of the two necessary functions to perform POI sideways travel with Yaw control.

However I have found that when using the Trim Function, the application of rudder does not effect the craft's travel as it does when doing so manually. It begins to Yaw in the direction desired but the craft continues to travel in the previous direction until; it hits a point of about 15 degrees of yaw and then shoots off in the new direction.

For this reason, the Typhoon H Trim Function (In my opinion) does not allow a good smooth POI Unfortunately.

Reactions: LinsonW and AeroJ
Hi Photo, I have found that to do a good POI takes sideways travel along with very precise Rudder or Yaw control. Doing so manually is easy if you practice it enough. As you correctly point out, using the Trim should be advantageous because it automates one of the two necessary functions to perform POI sideways travel with Yaw control.

However I have found that when using the Trim Function, the application of rudder does not effect the craft's travel as it does when doing so manually. It begins to Yaw in the direction desired but the craft continues to travel in the previous direction until; it hits a point of about 15 degrees of yaw and then shoots off in the new direction.

For this reason, the Typhoon H Trim Function (In my opinion) does not allow a good smooth POI Unfortunately.
Great TyPilot, I`ll try and keep you updated. Thanx for your Info.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
You can do what you described but you have to work for it. If you want to keep the camera centered on a central object you’ll have to manually input yaw corrections unless panning the camera is suitable.

I’ve used the trim button to fly arcs and it can be both useful and fun. When used to fly arcs it’s most useful for irregular flight paths over large areas though.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold