Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

POI

Reaction score
When using POI does my drone have to be let’s say over the middle of a house then I hit center then pull back as far as I need so the drone circles where I told it the center was?

Yes.. fly over spot, set center mark, fly out for desired distance and set radius and start mission. You can control height, distance, and speed during the rotation.

Reactions: AJan
I agree, my issue is the tilt for the camera is to sensitive.
I have that issue too. Many a time I've had the camera tilt during a POI that I didn't want and had to do it all over again.

Edit. By the way, Chad. Haven't seen you on these forums for a while. How ya doing?

Do you have any mods to the flight controls entered? You can get better control of the tilt slider.

Did you check out the nice middle position tilt up? That became my more default angle often. You will also find there is a sweet spot for highest angle in tilt switch full down. It tends to chatter and bounce when at the extreme tilt up on the slider. If you lower the slider back down a bit, it will stop the bounce. It’s difficult to notice in flight but appears in playback. It takes some practice to get used to preventing it.

I also run through the full tilt motions and speeds for all three positions in a static indoors check as well. That’s best to find that little slider nudge you need to get an extreme high angle smooth shot as well as how those expo curves change the sliders feel for each switch position. Same goes with pan knob behavior. The curve edits, in my opinion, make starting rotations much smoother.

I wish the Plus allowed me this edit control.

seriously? edit rate tweeks from you and ty pilot... no can do on the + ?:(

Yup. But the control response is better overall so I’m not missing the flight curve tweaks. The pan knob switch change is good. I can get a good high angle on the C23 gimbal. It’s an entirely different flight system so I doubt we will get that user level with the ST16s.

seriously? edit rate tweeks from you and ty pilot... no can do on the + ?:(

Correct, no can do at this point on the Plus. If . . . I could get into the programming, there is not much I would change with the flying of the Plus. However it would be nice if we could tweak the camera controls as Craig has shown. One thing is different, the middle selection of pan selector switch on the 480 allows you to rotate 360 and where ever you want and when you stop; the gimbal will remain pointing that direction regardless of the AC nose direction changes. With the Plus, same end result but now you turn the knob left and the camera swings 180 and stops. So lets say your filming at the 7 o-clock position and you want to swing back to 5, you must run it all the way back around from the 12 o-clock position. Not a big deal as this is not something that couldn't be done another way, just something I have noticed.

So motion stops in either direction at 180°? By defintion that is no longer a 360° gimbal... it's a bidirectional 180° gimbal, no?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval