Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pond full of Ice Stars

Reaction score
Was totally surprised to see this footage. Could not really see from the shore. I've lived here all my life and never seen anything like it, but looked them up and apparently they are called Ice Stars or Ice Octopus'. Also some pretty cool patterns in the ice. This is just 2 days after first real snow and a fairly cold day(around 30F).

Yeah it's a mad effect isn't it ? First noticed it when I flew out over the lake after our first snow a few years back...

Last edited:
[QUOTE=" I've lived here all my life and never seen anything like it, but looked them up and apparently they are called Ice Stars or Ice Octopus'. Also some pretty cool patterns in the ice. [/QUOTE]

This is cool video. And what is really "cooler", is that you found something new using the vantage point provided by your drone. I bet you and I are not the only ones that have never seen anything like this. I REALLY liked this post.

I'm gonna head back tomorrow and see what the look like after freezing for a few days. Plus I pick up a littlr brother for my q500 tonight. Got a deal on a mavic air fly more bundle and curios to compare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49