Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

possible battery issue when using e30zx camera.

Reaction score
just did total 8 flights today first 5 where hover only no issues. the last 3 flights were flown 15000ft to 21000ft before landing and that's when the issues shown up. on the last three flights 2 of them seemed normal no issues battery voltage readings were normal. on the third notice a issue where flight time was a little short than normal when going to land voltage dropped from 29 percent to 16 percent from 398 ft agl to land and motor shut down on ground. st16e indicated battery rebound to 40 percent shortly after. after removing the third battery noticed left side had some plastic residue on the connector head. checked the other batteries and found out 2 h3 batteries used before the last battery flown had heads melt and warped a bit. they were not warped or melted before those flights. checked the inside of the h520e and found plastic residue on the left hand side of the connector.

The traces and the voltage drop points to a high resistance on the battery contact plugs. This is very dangerous. Overheating of the contacts will increase the resistance and this will increase temperature - and so on until bad things happen.

To illustrate the problem: Lets assume the resitance of the contacts will increase to 20mOhm due to oxidation. The drone needs 16A current hovering and more when goes fast. Lets take 20A:
Voltage on contacs is R*I 0.02*20A=0,4V --> Power on contacts: 0.4V*20A=8W.
8Watt makes a lot of heat directly on the defect contact!

Sometimes a good contact cleaner will help, sometimes the contact spring is done. In this case only replacement of the contacts will help.

But what has it to do with the camera?

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
I've had no battery problems like that with the zoom or regular cam attached, but I've never flown that high.

batteries damaged and retired 2 h3 2 h520e 1 brand new gifi. gifi was the last one used but thanks to their updated built in safe guards they use in the battery. I did not out right lose the h520e and camera. drone would be toast with the h480 gifi battery had that one been compatible. according to vertigo drones they have seen this before but the other case e90 camera was used. I wonder if back to back flights with this air frame could have been a factor. 5 hovers with out battery issue at 398 agl .then 3 visual line of sight flights that would be 15k feet to 25k feet if flown in a straight line from launch to land at 22mph .

Attachments

• My Snapshot_23.jpg
    My Snapshot_23.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 22
  • My Snapshot_25.jpg
    My Snapshot_25.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 24
  • My Snapshot_26.jpg
    My Snapshot_26.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 22
  • My Snapshot_27.jpg
    My Snapshot_27.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 19
  • My Snapshot_28.jpg
    My Snapshot_28.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 18
  • My Snapshot_24.jpg
    My Snapshot_24.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 21
Ray from 398 agl and the right camera angle and at 180x or even 120x if it can be held steady you are able to view areas you would never thought possible. much further distance wise from the drone outwards. example from Metamora Ohio city park on a clear day to the east I can clearly see down town toledo main city hall and the old 5/3 bank building among others. to the south west and just west of town of delta I can see with some good detail the mini steel mill located there.

Last edited:
batteries damaged and retired 2 h3 2 h520e 1 brand new gifi. gifi was the last one used but thanks to their updated built in safe guards they use in the battery. I did not out right lose the h520e and camera. drone would be toast with the h480 gifi battery had that one been compatible. according to vertigo drones they have seen this before but the other case e90 camera was used. I wonder if back to back flights with this air frame could have been a factor. 5 hovers with out battery issue at 398 agl .then 3 visual line of sight flights that would be 15k feet to 25k feet if flown in a straight line from launch to land at 22mph .
The damaged contact visible in Snapshot 23 is not used by the original H520 drone. It is only used during charging. That suggests the damage occurred during charging, and only manifested itself during flight.
If the H520e uses that contact for something, the suspicion would fall on whatever component is powered by the contact.
You can look through the battery door to see if the H520e has battery contacts other than the main power connectors.

inside the drone left hand side the contacts seem to have indication of atleast slightly melted plastic around the contacts hard to tell unless the shell is removed for better viewing.

dy5-2 charger battery charging contact area show no signs of damage. no damage seen on the contact area's on the modified orange charge cubes as well

new built in safety features built in the the gifi h3 battery have and yuneec h3 battery does not help saved the h520e and pay load from total loss. drone it self landed upright on the skids and shut down with out issues. no damage to out side shell, arms, motors, all props had no damage what so ever.

here damage mainboard connector on my h520e as found at vertigo drones. they installed a fresh new board and are testing it.

Attachments

• Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Image (2).jpeg
    Image (2).jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Image (3).jpeg
    Image (3).jpeg
    382.1 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: chascoadmin
also there is a new version of data pilot 2.0 that been released. was notified by vertigo drones about that yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop