Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post crash advice

Reaction score
Well not even 2 days into ownership of my Q500 4K and I ran it into a tree. Feel like an idiot and bummed. Looking at the attached pics...is this something I can repair with a new harness or is this wire harness a soldered connection?
The arm is also broke, but it appears stable enough to fix possibly. Should I send it back to Yuneec for repairs? I only paid $399 since it was a factory refurb BTW. Any advice is appreciated. 0718172000.jpg 0718172000a.jpg 0718172001b.jpg

Sorry to hear of your crash.
Don't be to hard on yourself as we all have pretty much done it ourselves at one time or another.
When/if you make the repair to the arm, work to minimize the flexing in the arm when it's done.
You'll never get it as stiff as it was before the crash and it will have a bit more "twist" when you apply a bit of force to the arm. This same thing happens when the motor is running and sometimes makes the Q drift a little in a hover.
For your first Q... it's worth making the repair.
You can also find a New frame on the web for about $50-60 dollars US and you can transfer the electronics to the new frame. A bit more work but very doable if your handy with a soldering iron.
Sounds like Steve has you covered on the camera.
Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.
Jafo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy