Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pre Flight Checklist

Reaction score
Has anyone made or use a Pre-Flight Checklist?

I made one and keep adding to it but I need to format it better in Word. I want it to be 1/2 sheet of paper and I also want to laminate it when I'm done.

I was thinking of having a "in case of emergency" chart on the back for any possible issues that happen mid-flight so I don't forget to do something.

Anyone else?

I created one using Excel. If anyone has any suggestions to improve, please let me know.

Unfortunately the website will not allow me to upload excel files, so I'm going to save it as a pdf.

Attachments

• Typhoon H Check List Sheet1.pdf
    66 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: mcbutler
Smart mode should not be used by anyone, it should not even be there. If you can't fly in angle mode then you have no business owning an advanced multirotor . Get yourself a cheap beginner aircraft and learn to fly manually. If depend on smart mode, when you need to get out off a situation in an emergency you will not know what to do. You would not buy a Ferrari for your first car. Sorry don't mean to be mean, just get tired of people buying advanced aircrafts, crashing, then blaming the aircraft or the manufacturer.

Charlie there are several auto pilot mode the only work in the smart mode. So they are a necessary evil for some of the more professional photog.

Another item to add to your check list :
There is a single rivet holding the motor to the motor arm. Before each flight flip your H over and make sure they are secure.
If I can find the original post where someone had a crash due to this I will post it.
Found it:
Motor Pod falls off in flight

Great advice there Bob.

I have a pre-flight checklist on my phone. I have collected the information from the manual, advice on this forum, some web articles analyzing crashes, as well as crash comments from Yuneec. The most recent one of this forum, and seemingly hardest one to do, I think is in the event of a flyaway or erratic behavior, to go up high above all obstacles, and let you and the plane sort it out.
If the ST16 doesn't respond, click through, smart, angle and RTH, until it responds and then bring it in an angle mode.
Unfortunately things happen so fast, I think this is hard to do, but yet we saw on this forum, someone did just that and avoided a crash!
I embellished a few items for clarity in the attached PDF, for this forum; and I tried to take into account all levels of users. Hope this helps discussion to benefit us all.

PS I added in the most recent suggestion about checking motor mounts!

Attachments

• Preflight Checklist v.2.0 10_17.pdf
    280.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I have a pre-flight checklist on my phone. I have collected the information from the manual, advice on this forum, some web articles analyzing crashes, as well as crash comments from Yuneec. The most recent one of this forum, and seemingly hardest one to do, I think is in the event of a flyaway or erratic behavior, to go up high above all obstacles, and let you and the plane sort it out.
If the ST16 doesn't respond, click through, smart, angle and RTH, until it responds and then bring it in an angle mode.
Unfortunately things happen so fast, I think this is hard to do, but yet we saw on this forum, someone did just that and avoided a crash!
I embellished a few items for clarity in the attached PDF, for this forum; and I tried to take into account all levels of users. Hope this helps discussion to benefit us all.

PS I added in the most recent suggestion about checking motor mounts!

I'll try to incorporate many of your times into my version. I'm trying to make this into a preflight checklist instead of a manual.

To date I have not had a flyway on my typhoon H. However I have been giving this considerable thought and I believe that if you have a flyway, then raise the typhoon H up to around 125 feet. Now yaw the Typhoon H to the left or right so that it will be going in a circle 125 feet above your head. Do this for about 30 seconds, then let go of the left cyclic and see if it holds station. Now I would flip the return to home angle mode and smart switch until something happens. I hope this helps anyone who reads it and has a flyway fly safe .

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Seems we're on two different types of check lists here, pre-flight and emergency procedures. They are not and can't be one and the same. We won't have a pre-take off emergency unless there's a battery fire.

Emergency procedures are committed to memory where certain actions are common between types of emergencies. You won't have time to read the book when they occur. You will have read, practiced, and learned them, or you won't. Those that do will generally fare much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great info guys I'm glad somebody is trying to do something Yuneec read this thank you fly safe

I created one using Excel. If anyone has any suggestions to improve, please let me know.

Unfortunately the website will not allow me to upload excel files, so I'm going to save it as a pdf.
Very informative, useful and no doubt money saving, thank you for taking the time to post this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval