Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

pre mapping run

Reaction score
what id like to do is at a drag strip, float 15 ft high and will be leaving way before car leaves, so i can only film to 1/8 mile, ok, my question is can i do a pre run ? then i want it to auto return to me, tyIMG_20171209_164019.jpg

filming the car , but i need to find the proper speed wide open when i hit a,button ,it follows the map flys back to me,

filming the car , but i need to find the proper speed wide open when i hit a,button ,it follows the map flys back to me,
You can set the cable cam to fly stright line out to a point the fly back to you and then it will hover.

To get the full speed of the Typhoon, you would need to fly with GPS off - thus CCC would not be available. Like Shadowolf said though; you could set up a simple two point CCC mission and fly it back and forth by raising the throttle stick all the way up to run out then once it get there you pull the throttle stick all the way to the rear and it will fly back to the first point.

Sanctioned races might have a problem with you flying over the track. If you lost power and dropped down on to the race way you could cause a wreck and the liabilities would be yours alone.

I recommend thinking out so you are at full speed 70kms/hr at start when they take off and should get most of the run from start to finish. It depends our you are sitting in 1080p. 2k, 4k for how far cars appear while filming. I notice when I'm over a subject in 4k it is past me in visual field. If you can get the starter to signal race start, once the drone is just slightly behind cars at top speed then I think it should work out. Just line up your run directly behind from start to make sure you are in line with track.

If you plan to film over the track or closely beside it, don't these drag cars have rear spoilers? If so be careful of the vortices, the vortices will move in the direction of the wind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy