Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Primary gyro not found

SKD

Reaction score
Receiving error messages “primary gyro not found “ when turning on H520. Any advice as to how to fix this? Thanks

You are the second person having this trouble in the past week. Did you just recently do any updates to your H520?

If so, were they done through UpdatePilot?

Last edited:
Please ignore this post if you did NOT encounter the problem as a result of an update!
But assuming you got bit by the update bug that seems to be going around, there may be a way to remedy the issue using SD cards to manually redo the update.
Can I guarantee the SD cards will fix the problem? No. I can't.
Can I guarantee the SD cards will not make the problem worse? No. I can't.
If you can deal with the uncertainty, I will ask a couple questions about your equipment, then mix up a "cocktail" of files to match your kit. I'll send the files along with instructions for how to use them.
Doesn't this just overwhelm you with hope and confidence? Yeah, I know. Sending for warranty work might sound real good right now.

I did the process with the SD card. thanks WTFDproject
the process worked on the other hand I still had this message ( primary gyroscope not found ) and my camera was doing what I wanted, I went out to receive GPS and I calibrated the gyroscope , I didn’t like the message ( yes finally!!! ) I calibrated the compass at the same time then the accelerometer which failed it (I start again tomorrow), I have several new alarms ( yaw, GPS and my camera E90 which turns on itself quite quickly obliged to turn off the drone to stop it , I return to as soon as possible .

the message ( primary gyroscope not found ) is no longer displayed after searching for a GPS signal and calibrated the gyroscope

is this the h520e version that's throwing the gyroscope not found?
Both have been the original H520 Terrence and filip’s was updated using UpdatePilot. Most likely so was SKD’s.

Yes it was after having trouble with the update. Had to download firmware on sd card and then update via controller. After that update I had the primary gyro not found error. Since then I was successful in rebooting it via the sensor setting. Thanks for your response!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop