Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with q500 startup

Reaction score
Hello. Just bought my new Q500 and i cannot get it to start. When i start the drone, the light gets green and after two to three seconds it turns red and i am getting a beeping sound. Anyone any ideas what it could possibly be? I am a newbie.

Hello. Just bought my new Q500 and i cannot get it to start. When i start the drone, the light gets green and after two to three seconds it turns red and i am getting a beeping sound. Anyone any ideas what it could possibly be? I am a newbie.
Check the switch on the controller...upper right...if in Smart mode, move away from the Q, 8 meters...if in Home mode, put the switch in Angle until you launch and get 8 meters from the Q...then you can put the switch in Smart mode... let us know how you make out

You are either in home mode or you have not yet bind the quad to the ST10+. Most likely home mode. Like the poster above move the switch upper right hand side.

hi
did you read the manual yet .
LOL
You know better then to ask a male if he read the manual don't you :)
Yes that would be a place to start, read the manual and cheat sheet what the errors mean.

LOL
You know better then to ask a male if he read the manual don't you :)
Yes that would be a place to start, read the manual and cheat sheet what the errors mean.
yes i know better but for a new-be and not knowing that the manual is on the SD card supplied it's a new world , if i knew what version he has i would down load a PDF of the manual and send it to him .
fly safe

Yea cause i h
yes i know better but for a new-be and not knowing that the manual is on the SD card supplied it's a new world , if i knew what version he has i would down load a PDF of the manual and send it to him .
fly safe
yea cause i have manuals for q500t and q500 and 4k

No guys. No go yet. I installed the GUI on my mac and even the mac does not recognize the drone.

If you turn GPS on and it shuts down then either you don't have any satellites locked or your in a NFZ.

I have the exact same issues described by OP .
Flew the quad for about a month on every weekend then suddenly it lost gps at about 100m of altitude thankfully it was a calm night and i was able to land it safely.
Today i tried flying it in an open field but it didn't boot nor did it make the "start up" sound , status led kept flashing red and gps refused to turn on from the st10+ tried to rebind it and to calibrate the compass which (after 8 tries) worked for about 40sec after take off gps lost again and entered manual mode.
I email yuneec about this issue but have yet to hear anything from them.

I have the exact same issues described by OP .
Flew the quad for about a month on every weekend then suddenly it lost gps at about 100m of altitude thankfully it was a calm night and i was able to land it safely.
Today i tried flying it in an open field but it didn't boot nor did it make the "start up" sound , status led kept flashing red and gps refused to turn on from the st10+ tried to rebind it and to calibrate the compass which (after 8 tries) worked for about 40sec after take off gps lost again and entered manual mode.
I email yuneec about this issue but have yet to hear anything from them.
will it fly with out GPS , if it fly's it just may be the GPS in the Q .
do you know any one with a Q and ST -10 and is wiling to help you find out what unit is not working ( Q or the ST -10 ) this has helped find the bad TX or RX .

will it fly with out GPS , if it fly's it just may be the GPS in the Q .
do you know any one with a Q and ST -10 and is wiling to help you find out what unit is not working ( Q or the ST -10 ) this has helped find the bad TX or RX .
Yes the quad was flown with another st10 and same problem persisted . Upon closer inspection it sounds like something is loose inside the quad maybe the compass module got loose as its highly unlikely that the GPS module (which is stuck with a good amount of RF blocking tape) got loose , i will get the corresponding allan keys tomorrow and try to have a look inside.

Yes the quad was flown with another st10 and same problem persisted . Upon closer inspection it sounds like something is loose inside the quad maybe the compass module got loose as its highly unlikely that the GPS module (which is stuck with a good amount of RF blocking tape) got loose , i will get the corresponding allan keys tomorrow and try to have a look inside.
let us know how it works out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval