Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ganten: my openion is the Typhoon H is the better Hardware, but at moment the P4 have the better Software

i hope yuneec will give soon updates that it flies the same perfect as other models at the market

and that they put all in the APP of ST16: the RTH-Height, speed adjustments for the automatic flights,
flight boundaries, gains and breaks, dynamic or static homepoint, more informations of battery and flight time
TH has more modules but hard to say its hardware is better. Its quality is not as good as Phantom.

I have the first P1, P2v2 and P3pro and fly the P4 with my son in-law. There are plus and minuses for both platforms and not everyone has the same needs. I can list all my pros and cons for both platforms and your list will be different based on what the individual prefers. There are some app features I'd like added to the st-16 and hopefully down the road it will be. I still haven't fully tested the H out but now that I have 3 batteries I can do more experimenting. Drones.jpg

Everyone wanted the P4 to have retractable landing gear and a 360 camera but all they got was a slightly better camera, less range, slightly longer flight time although the battery is more expensive and a sport mode. They added a few flight modes as well. P3 owners were on the fence and many, myself included didn't think it was worth it. Oh yes and quick release props. It's a great machine don't get me wrong just don't be the first person to update your firmware :) There's always room for improvement. Not sure what your point is about fit and finish and what other carbon fiber collapsible arm hex with retractable landing gear and 360 camera drone are you comparing it to?

What aren't you guys liking about the fit, finish, and design? Mine has been awesome so far, but maybe I am missing something?

Reactions: Basicbill
Everyone wanted the P4 to have retractable landing gear and a 360 camera but all they got was a slightly better camera, less range, slightly longer flight time although the battery is more expensive and a sport mode. They added a few flight modes as well. P3 owners were on the fence and many, myself included didn't think it was worth it. Oh yes and quick release props. It's a great machine don't get me wrong just don't be the first person to update your firmware :) There's always room for improvement. Not sure what your point is about fit and finish and what other carbon fiber collapsible arm hex with retractable landing gear and 360 camera drone are you comparing it to?

There is no servo on the retractable landing gear for H, the structure of its landing gears are likely to be damaged after hard landing.

Last edited:
Why is it most negative posts about the H seem to be written it what I can only describe as Chinglish.....

It's hard to know which problems are genuine and which are made up by people potentially employed as saboteurs!

Without donning my tin foil hat it really does seem a smear campaign is well underway for what potentially could be an amazing piece of technology,

Reactions: Slickit
I've owned "ALL" the dji's from the P1-P3 so i can faily speak on this matter with a decent knowledge base. Out of all the aircraft I owned in my opinion my P2 vision Plus 3.0 was the best. Back then DJI improved its product with each successive release..

Then the P3 came out.. Lightbridge...4K now were talking.. But alas Firmware updates constantly..Shells cracking from motor stress on the screws..Aircraft dropping out of the sky because of battery issues.. the list goes on.. So what happens Bang P4 is out... Really one year run of a P3?? DJI basicly said ya we know we kinda messed up with the P3 but here now try this one..

Well i sold off my DJI items and put all my eggs in Yuneec's basket.. Will i be sorry? Time will only tell waiting as everyone else has for the release I was thinking I screwed up.. But then its out I have one and Guess what I wouldn't go back for love nor money.. Great support thus far.. Yes a few product issues but for the amount of H's out there so far not a tremendous amount of issues.. Again time will tell.

I respect what DJI had.. I also commend them on past products but..there not the only kids in the sandbox now and I think for the first time ever they are looking over there shoulder. Competition is good news for us the folks that drop a dollar or two on these items...

Now getting down off my soapbox.. Peace!:)

There is no servo on the retractable landing gear for H, the structure its landing gears are likely to be damaged after hard landing.

I've already seen some hard landings on YouTube and no such reports of the landing gears having any structural damage. Let's at least have some confirmed reports before we start making assumptions.

I've already seen some hard landings on YouTube and no such reports of the landing gears having any structural damage. Let's at least have some confirmed reports before we start making assumptions.

Well said!

My update with Yunnec:

They received it back on Tuesday for the Gimbal issue I spoke about earlier, dead battery and the ST16 fan issue. Just got off the phone and they are replacing the whole unit for me......but they have none in stock and depending on what day they get them next week I may not get it back until the 2nd week of June.......

Reactions: cokeaddict
Ran in to my first issue today with my baby. Was flying her in my backyard and once I got the first warning and vibration I started to bring her down but my landing gear would not come down. I toggled it up and down and nothing so I had to hand catch it from underneath while it hovered and stop the motor. Turned her off and the ST-16....started the ST-16 then started her up and the landing gear came down. When I cranked her up again tried to bring the landing gear up, no luck. Has anyone ran into similar issue? Not enough juice in the battery? Just a glitch? Charging batteries now and letting her cool down till tomorrow to try again.

Ran in to my first issue today with my baby. Was flying her in my backyard and once I got the first warning and vibration I started to bring her down but my landing gear would not come down. I toggled it up and down and nothing so I had to hand catch it from underneath while it hovered and stop the motor. Turned her off and the ST-16....started the ST-16 then started her up and the landing gear came down. When I cranked her up again tried to bring the landing gear up, no luck. Has anyone ran into similar issue? Not enough juice in the battery? Just a glitch? Charging batteries now and letting her cool down till tomorrow to try again.

Please call tech support for assistance at 1-844-898-6332 / [email protected]

M-F 6am-5pm PST
Sat. 8am-4:30pm PST

-Team Yuneec

This is concerning...I'd hate to hand catch the H without the landing gear down and there's literally no other safe way to do it. Definitely raise this issue with Yuneec and see what they say.

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
Just called Yuneec and they informed me that I had to give it throttle in order to see if the landing gear would come back up. I will admit, I did not do that since I had the H in my hand. Charging the batteries now and will test the theory out tomorrow.

There is a video out showing how to test the landing gear without flying. Just turn it upside down (no egines Running) to cycle the landing gear.

Reactions: PRnNJs FINEST
Seems connecting to the CGO3+ on initial startup is a common issue. But, a quick call to Yuneec solved it promptly. Removing the camera completely and reinserting it, then rebinding the camera using the default password : 1234567890, problem solved! Did I mention Yuneec Customer Service rocks! Called twice and got a live person each time.

Seems connecting to the CGO3+ on initial startup is a common issue. But, a quick call to Yuneec solved it promptly. Removing the camera completely and reinserting it, then rebinding the camera using the default password : 1234567890, problem solved! Did I mention Yuneec Customer Service rocks! Called twice and got a live person each time.
I like the Yuneec USA customer service where they call you back instead of waiting on hold. That is a nice feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig