Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had issues with the collision avoidance of the H? I found that when I put it into that mode and I trigger it by getting close to the drone with my hand it'll respond accordingly however it gets stuck and will not go forward despite the obstacle is being out of the way. I can climb after triggering it but it will still refuse to go forward up in the air unless I cycle it out of the collision avoidance mode. Maybe that's by design?

So while I was at work 2 days ago, some random # calls me. It was some guy from Yuneec. I said how did you get my # and how do you know I have a problem? He didn't know where I bought my H from, he just got an email with my info and a quick bit on what my issue was (so basically dealers that have customers with issues can pass to Yuneec and they'll try and help) while that's not really a bad thing, the guy wanted me to gather telemetry data and send to him so "we could trouble shoot" what's there to trouble shoot!? The freaking Cgo is broken off. Lol
So anyways, thankfully I had already sent back to my dealer because he and I were talking the night before and that's what he wanted me to do (Great customer service and business owner) So he got it today and will be sending me a whole new one and send mine to Yuneec. I told him that I really didn't wanna cost him a unit or make things more difficult/expensive for him and to maybe just have his team micro solder the 3 wires back together, test fly it with the Itelite antenna that I also ordered from him and if all is well, I'll take it back. Scuffs and all. It's character I told him. He said. No. He's sending me a brand new one. Now that's freaking customer service
Wow.... I don't blame you one bit DopeDiculous, That's fuckin horrible. I'm so concerned now hearing all these stories for when I get my H next week. I'm going to try and have someone film my first couple flights in case something ridiculous like this happens with mine. Unacceptable. I too had a Q 4K and loved it. Really hope I made the right decision going to the H. Keep us posted bud and I'm sorry you are going through this :/

All my flying has still been good and happy with my H. Only issue is my intake fan blade in the transmitter has come off again and rattling around inside. Will have to open it up again and slip back on again for now. Don't know if they had a bad batch or what. Hope they can just send me a new one as I am not about to have to send it back in just for that. Will have to see what they say. I have been in RC since the 80's and I had previously owned a hobby shop for 8 yrs , capable of plugging in a new fan motor. lol

All my flying has still been good and happy with my H. Only issue is my intake fan blade in the transmitter has come off again and rattling around inside. Will have to open it up again and slip back on again for now. Don't know if they had a bad batch or what. Hope they can just send me a new one as I am not about to have to send it back in just for that. Will have to see what they say. I have been in RC since the 80's and I had previously owned a hobby shop for 8 yrs , capable of plugging in a new fan motor. lol
Would a wee dab of super glue fix the problem?

Would a wee dab of super glue fix the problem?
I believe that would lock it up, as the fan blade by itself has a shaft stick out the center. I believe it must spin on that shaft which I think that shaft just spins inside a bushing. Now if it had a bearing a little dab ca might work but do not believe a bearing is present. Will look at it more closely a second time around. Was hoping it was just a fluke the first time around and thought the magnets would had kept it in place but they did not.
SEE SOLUTION POST # 148

Last edited:
Just got my H about 4 hours ago. Took it out for a test flight at the local beach, everything was top notch. Then I took a look at the video.... Gasp! What do I see but tiny white specs dancing around the screen everytime the camera approaches something dark in color. I did a screen capture of one of the videos... look at the bands of dots at the bottom right of the photo (blue & white)... that shouldn't be there!!!! I had it set on 4K video. I'll have to try a camera reset and some other settings to see if it's a glitch or permanent. That's rather unimpressive.

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 8.45.41 PM.jpg

I came up with a easy solution for my fan problem after it came off a second time. Don't want to take the chance of it getting caught it a control stick while flying. Cut a small thin piece of plastic ( the kinda stuff everything is pkg in ) made a fold in center as shown, then used 2 of the screws to hold it in place, bent it back out slightly in the center so as not to touch , one pic shows it spinning smooth, no more worries. I could have been a yuneec engineer -lol . As you can see other fan faces other direction so no possible way of that fan coming out. By the way the fan with the problem is also blowing air out from inside the controller so its natural direction is to fly outward into the inside of controller with nothing to stop it if it pulls free from the magnets.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 131
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Just got my H about 4 hours ago. Took it out for a test flight at the local beach, everything was top notch. Then I took a look at the video.... Gasp! What do I see but tiny white specs dancing around the screen everytime the camera approaches something dark in color. I did a screen capture of one of the videos... look at the bands of dots at the bottom right of the photo (blue & white)... that shouldn't be there!!!! I had it set on 4K video. I'll have to try a camera reset and some other settings to see if it's a glitch or permanent. That's rather unimpressive.

View attachment 600
Is that a screen capture from the tablet or from the memory card?

Thought some might want to see a full view from post # 148

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Ok, this thread is making me nervous but glad my H isn't due in until June. Hopefully, you early adopters work the bugs out.

I came up with a easy solution for my fan problem after it came off a second time. Don't want to take the chance of it getting caught it a control stick while flying. Cut a small thin piece of plastic ( the kinda stuff everything is pkg in ) made a fold in center as shown, then used 2 of the screws to hold it in place, bent it back out slightly in the center so as not to touch , one pic shows it spinning smooth, no more worries. I could have been a yuneec engineer -lol . As you can see other fan faces other direction so no possible way of that fan coming out
Nice job!

View attachment 600

I had a digital camera that did those dots just like that, had to replace camera.

Other than that the sharpness and clarity of the camera look good.

I had a digital camera that did those dots just like that, had to replace camera.

Other than that the sharpness and clarity of the camera look good.
It almost looks like "hot pixels" on the sensor... that should not happen.

It's working OK now. I took the camera off the H then put it back on. Something to note for anyone taking the camera off the H, is that it is fussy and if you don't put it back on just right, it won't work. I reset the camera settings and tried a video inside the house going from bright to dark areas... works perfect now. Not sure at all why it did it in the first place. Although I did change the white balance while flying because the sun was going down (changed it to sunset) and had the color on normal vice the default of gorgeous. Not sure if that was the problem, but if it was, it should not happen on this camera.

Reactions: cokeaddict
It almost looks like "hot pixels" on the sensor... that should not happen.

It's working OK now. I took the camera off the H then put it back on. Something to note for anyone taking the camera off the H, is that it is fussy and if you don't put it back on just right, it won't work. I reset the camera settings and tried a video inside the house going from bright to dark areas... works perfect now. Not sure at all why it did it in the first place. Although I did change the white balance while flying because the sun was going down (changed it to sunset) and had the color on normal vice the default of gorgeous. Not sure if that was the problem, but if it was, it should not happen on this camera.
If you are able, try to reproduce it next time you fly by adjusting the settings as you did previously. Hopefully the reset took care of it and it doesn't pop back up in the future.

Just finish the flight with H, found the landing gears cannot fall down even when the drone close to the ground.
May I know how to make the landing gears fall down in automatically?
They do not operate automatically.
Yuneec imagined the operator would lower them manually when required, which is good.
They will however come down when RTH is activated.

Agreed. Right now the H does not have Real Sense. When it does it will be able to locate the ground and enable auto LG deploy It will happen, it will just take time.i

Reactions: cokeaddict
Ganten has been trolling the YTH on the rc groups site. I don't believe he has one.

The H is not mine, but I was flying it and just found the LD cannot get down in auto when close to the ground.
Easy fix. Don't put them up. Leave them down if you are worried about forgetting to lower them.
If it gets added to the IPS then that will be a bonus.

does the H come with a manual? or do you have to download it? I really think its so important to read the manual before flying it ....I hope everyone remembers to lower the landing gear before attempting to land.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig