Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
does the H come with a manual? or do you have to download it? I really think its so important to read the manual before flying it ....I hope everyone remembers to lower the landing gear before attempting to land.....
There is an sd card included with the H that has manuals and videos about binding wizard and calibrating compass .I will keep this card for future reference .

....I hope everyone remembers to lower the landing gear before attempting to land.....

Unlike a full-sized aircraft where you're inside and can't see the landing gear, the drone is landing right in front of you. If you initially forgot to put the gear down, you'll see it's not down well before you land and then do so. I don't see this as being a problem. Am I missing something?

Unlike a full-sized aircraft where you're inside and can't see the landing gear, the drone is landing right in front of you. If you initially forgot to put the gear down, you'll see it's not down well before you land and then do so. I don't see this as being a problem. Am I missing something?
Nope. I do t see how you can forget to

Nope. I do t see how you can forget to
Many years ago there was a 747 parked on a major Asian cities airport. It was on jacks being repaired. When Iasked why was it there? The answer, the Pilot had landed with the wheels up!.He was the airline's senior pilot. You have been warned.

I am not sure why anyone would want automated landing gear.
The pilot does have to be responsible for some things.......the flight is automated enough as it is.
If you really want it....I'm sure it will come....but geeezzzzz.
If you are inexperienced.....this is part of the experience.........make sure the gear is down.....simple flick of the switch.
Sorry....I am baffled

Reactions: GlenT
I can see where auto landing gear would be neat if you turn on RLT/RTH but there's a small catch.... the hardwired button on the remote still have to be over ridden...... :eek: Then the button is in the wrong position for take off..... arrgghhh it's so confusing.....

EXPERIENCE: (a) Maintain control during the entire flight, maintaining visual contact without enhancement other than by corrective lenses prescribed for the pilot........those darn AMA rules....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HarveyC
Can we see some pics of the damage from the 4 feet drop? With this "smear" campaign happening right now, anyone can create a new account and report fake issues with the Typhoon H in an attempt to degrade the brand.

just in case, you have not seen this

I really begin to think that DJI pays a Chinese firm to do this "smear"campaign
i hope not but everybody always says "Where therë is smoke there will be fire"
/\/\ax2206

Note: The Quick Start Guide and the manual (no longer online but DC shared the file here after downloading it 2-3 weeks ago before Yuneec removed it) don't mention it, but one of the sheets that come with the Typhoon H gives a warning to be sure to disable obstacle avoidance when landing. Seems odd that the other more thorough instructions don't mention that in the sections on landing.

I got the manual, quick start guide, compass calibration and product information pdf's off their site yesterday.

Attachments

• TYPHOON-H-USER-MANUAL-T1.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 38
  • Typhoon-H-Quick-start-V4.2.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • Typhoon-H-compass-calibration.pdf
    465.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Typhoon H Product Information Sheet.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 20
I got the manual, quick start guide, compass calibration and product information pdf's off their site yesterday.
Thanks, had not bothered to look yet, I had been told by Yuneec that they were making some modifications to the manual, will take some work to figure out what was changed.

EDIT: Odd, those do not appear to be on Yuneec's site, they must have deleted them again. The manual you uploaded seems to be the same version (T1) that we had before.

Last edited:
Lets use this area to keep track of problems we are seeing as we start using the H. So far I have read:
1. Loose part in ST16 (2 reported on this forum): beleived to be loose internal fan motor.
2. Battery received DOA.
I just received the typhoon h , the left rear motor light is out ,received bad motor warning land immediately ,bad rattle from motor or inside the drone,landing gear does not work, and this is i waited for all this time, come on guys get it right ,it looks like you guys rushed on this one.

I just received the typhoon h , the left rear motor light is out ,received bad motor warning land immediately ,bad rattle from motor or inside the drone,landing gear does not work, and this is i waited for all this time, come on guys get it right ,it looks like you guys rushed on this one.

Having motor failure detection is awesome. Happy to see it gives you a warning:)

DC.. Coming from DJI to Yuneec is the learning curve harder or easier in your opinion.?
A little harder, or should I say "different" she flew real smooth and steady. But the ST 16 seems cluttered with to much information, and does not display important information I would like to see, but maybe it's just getting used to it, much different than the Go App. I like to see how much battery % I have, not voltage as voltage can drop fast and that's no good if you are 2k or more out! What I really miss is the GPS Map, seeing where you are on the map and where your home point and the crafts point is! But maybe I just have not found it on the maze of buttons and tabs!

A little harder, or should I say "different" she flew real smooth and steady. But the ST 16 seems cluttered with to much information, and does not display important information I would like to see, but maybe it's just getting used to it, much different than the Go App. I like to see how much battery % I have, not voltage as voltage can drop fast and that's no good if you are 2k or more out! What I really miss is the GPS Map, seeing where you are on the map and where your home point and the crafts point is! But maybe I just have not found it on the maze of buttons and tabs!

Thanks , I agree i'm concentrating on flying and trying to see what feature does what at any given time. With all the extra time they had a Enhanced controller manual would have been nice....:rolleyes: Thanks again!

Reactions: DroneClone
Although I tried a search on the ST24 controller to see the back of it I was not successful. But surely the same fans would be used in the ST16 and the ST24 so it is not new technology here. Rather just what happens with mass produced items . Quality control must have missed a couple.
I have the ST24 (for the Tornado H920) and have had the same problem with fan noise :(

Seems like growing pains. That's expected with a new product IMO. I'm still evaluating the options before I commit to a new bird. Looks good so far with just a few issues

Keep flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold