Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map overlay function would really be nice. Would also be nice to customize the information displayed on the screen.
Take out what you don't want or need.

Reactions: DroneClone
Map overlay function would really be nice. Would also be nice to customize the information displayed on the screen.
Take out what you don't want or need.
Agree, I called Yuneec just now, because I do not know what safe battery voltage it is to fly down to. He said 10.5 is first low warning vibration and if you plan 11.5 as your safe return to home from a far distance out. Any feed or knowledgeable proof out there, used to battery% on DJI's

Reactions: HarveyC
Agree, I called Yuneec just now, because I do not know what safe battery voltage it is to fly down to. He said 10.5 is first low warning vibration and if you plan 11.5 as your safe return to home from a far distance out. Any feed or knowledgeable proof out there, used to battery% on DJI's
I noticed I get the first battery low around 14.2. I land on the first battery low position.

Who were you talking to?? That is wrong!!
The jury is out on this but I would not go below 3.5v per cell.
It is a 4 cell battery so that is 14v total. At that point you should be on the ground.
With these untested batteries....I would make that 14.5-15 v range to be safe for now.
:)

Reactions: DroneClone
DC

Afraid Yuneec may have given you a Q500 battery answer. Think the Q500 uses a3 cell Lipo battery. Think the H uses a 4 cell Lipo battery.
A fully charged Lipo cell should provide 4.2 volts.
A 80% discharged Lipo cell should be around 3.72 volts.
So 4x3.72=14.88 Volts. That might be a good time to plan on landing.
A cell voltage below 3 volts could result in battery damage.
I prefer cell voltage measurement for Lipo battery condition.
Just my thoughts. I am just a retired Electrical engineer/corporate jet pilot.

I crashed and burned mine. I was bringing it in for a landing and it was real windy. Wind caught it when it was about 30' in the air and blew it into an oak tree limb. More leaves then limbs. When I got to it. 3 blades were broke. one motor arm was broke at the cheap plastic hinge. Landing gear was broke off on one side. The carbon Fiber leg snapped right off. Broke camera mount too. Its already on its way back to Yuneec for repairs.
Oh yea I have already had to open up ST16 as the fans motors were making loud noises as you moved the ST16 around. Found loose fan
really? sounds kinda fishy to me.....

Now why would it sound fishy to you. I have a video of flying it before it crashed. And the wind was blowing real hard. I have no doubt in my mind it was my fault. For bringing it in close to the tree. But stuff happens.

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
Now why would it sound fishy to you. I have a video of flying it before it crashed. And the wind was blowing real hard. I have no doubt in my mind it was my fault. For bringing it in close to the tree. But stuff happens.
Upload the video would love to see

I don't know why folks are so eager to jump on someone with bad news. He placed no blame on Yuneec other than a complaint about the plastic hinge.

Here you go ***. I just found this site. But I can see I won't stay long with people like you. Was asked to post about problems or issues I did.

Hey man, don't mind him we're all friends here, I will say it was very ballsy of you to fly on such a windy day though. I'd love to see the crash video if you have it.

I've flown in winds of about 21 MPH and it handles pretty well but I'm glad I live out in the country and have more room for landing.

This is why you never buy the first batch, have all kinds of issues and problems your a beta tester and also the first and second batches are rushed out the door so QC issues.

This is why I wait. It not just Yuneec. All the drone makes, you never buy the first or second batch if you cannot afford to lose it, as it's a lot of money invested. If yoy have the money to risk then fine. If you got to save and struggle to get the money together then never buy the first 2 batches these often have the most issues.

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
Yeah this was his first and only post. Show us the video.

I think we touched a nerve there..oppsy...With the amount of Trolls on here lately we may seem a bit skeptical agreed but nothing personal mind ya..

Was it me or did i miss the crash footage in that video?

Now he's leaving.. well all i can say is Buhhh Byeeee

This is the thread I've been waiting for. No, not to bash, but to really evaluate. I love my Phantom 3 Pro but it, and all other models, had their issues, too. This thread will help me honestly evaluate the H as it is my #1 choice for my next purchase. I plan on waiting until the end of the year, though, so it'll be good to see what to expect, how customer service handles it and get a model that might be upgraded a bit.

Thank you.

(And I'm Pro H, don't let the threadcount fool you; head over to Phantom Pilots to see how long I've been around.)
Well said. It's helping me to, but the first 2 batches have the most issues and QC is bad as they are rushing production. This is why I wait and the first few batches always contain the issues and cannot use the first 2 batches to say wether it's bad or not as this is to be expected. It takes them about the 3rd batch to start fixing issues.

"Bleeding Edge Technology" .... yeah, it's safer to wait, but more exciting out front. Most of us in the U.S. are here because of bold actions by ancestors that immigrated here and some still have that pioneering spirit! :D

Reactions: Cilent1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder