Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also received an ST16 with a part rattling around inside. I opened the case, only enough to shake out the detached cooling fan motor blade/rotor. I was unable to completely open the case. As of now, Yuneec has NOT responded to my inquiry asking for directions on what to do.
I have flown the 'H' several times with no ill effect but the outside air temperature has been moderate - below 90 F.

Don't know if this will work but this post shows the st16 apart, also others discussing the loose fan items. Hope this helps?

Its post #17 in this discussion..

So those following the Australia news, here is what I was told Yesterday from a retailer in Fountain Gate.
Asked for an update on arrival times for the H. Was told they should arrive in store Monday if delivery has no flaws. So I asked if after the "pre orders" are finalised, how long is the wait for people like myself who want to walk in off the street and buy on the spot will take and his reply to that was, we cannot confirm when the next order will arrive yet. but he mentioned that after his "pre orders" are done, they will have a couple left for sale.
I then asked him if they have been issued with anything from Yuneec in relations to faults or issues with the craft and his reply was that they are finding that a fan is loose inside the ST16 controller and those already shipped will have to deal with it either by opening the controller themselves OR sending it to the allocated repair center in Tullamarine (forget their name). So i asked if warranty will be void if owners open the controller and he could not answer that which to be fair is the right thing to do.
He did not say anything about the other issues people are posting here so my guess is those are not so common as the fan issue YET.
Either way, I am still looking forward to my H but I will wait as the issues mentioned in here are a problem, I am sure the one where the motors rev up while landing is a simple firmware fix as soon as Yuneec sort it out. Lets see how Yuneec handles this.
The authorised repair centre is called LRM Technologies at Tullamarine

Reactions: cokeaddict
I also received an ST16 with a part rattling around inside. I opened the case, only enough to shake out the detached cooling fan motor blade/rotor. I was unable to completely open the case. As of now, Yuneec has NOT responded to my inquiry asking for directions on what to do.
I have flown the 'H' several times with no ill effect but the outside air temperature has been moderate - below 90 F.

Go back to page 9 of this thread and look at post #148.

I came up with a easy solution for my fan problem after it came off a second time. Don't want to take the chance of it getting caught it a control stick while flying. Cut a small thin piece of plastic ( the kinda stuff everything is pkg in ) made a fold in center as shown, then used 2 of the screws to hold it in place, bent it back out slightly in the center so as not to touch , one pic shows it spinning smooth, no more worries. I could have been a yuneec engineer -lol . As you can see other fan faces other direction so no possible way of that fan coming out. By the way the fan with the problem is also blowing air out from inside the controller so its natural direction is to fly outward into the inside of controller with nothing to stop it if it pulls free from the magnets.
Great info,definatly will use if need be.

Sorry DC,

Fan issue has been brought to the attention of our product managers and engineers. Please call tech support for assistance at 1-844-898-6332. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Who is [email protected]??? I sent an email to that address on 5/18 regarding the same problem: loose fan-blade and have not received any response.

Lets use this area to keep track of problems we are seeing as we start using the H. So far I have read:
1. Loose part in ST16 (2 reported on this forum): beleived to be loose internal fan motor.
2. Battery received DOA.
Here's a new one: The video start/stop button only woks occasionally. I've spent up to 2 or 3 minutes doing multiple pushes, holding it down, rapidly pushing and sometime the recording starts/stops, sometimes not. What a pain in the butt! I have 2 500 4K's and have had only one minor problem with one of them. But I could always start and stop the recording with a single push of the button. I'm also one of the guys with the loose fan blade.

My Typhoon is OK but too slow to connect to the camera. It takes a life, 2 Minutes! Is it normal?
Is there a way to get a faster connection?
I switch on the ST16 then the Typhoon. But should I wait The ST totally loads up before turning on the Typhoon?

Thanks and here is a small video of my first flight

Reactions: yuneec53
Impressive video quality. Look forward to more videos soon. Cannot help you with the connection time sorry. I hope it is not normal though. Hope you enjoyed your first flight :)

My Typhoon is OK but too slow to connect to the camera. It takes a life, 2 Minutes! Is it normal?
I switch on the ST16 then the Typhoon. But should I wait The ST totally loads up before turning on the Typhoon?

Thanks for posting the video.
Curious.........during your video you seem to hover in place and pan 360 (or so)......was that panning down via spinning the quad around, or just the camera?
I ask because it seems that yours, just like many other cgo3+ videos posted so far in which the hex is stationary and the camera is used to pan the horizon, the horizon goes from reasonably level.....to tilted.

tilted.jpg

Thanks for posting the video.
Curious.........during your video you seem to hover in place and pan 360 (or so)......was that panning down via spinning the quad around, or just the camera?
I ask because it seems that yours, just like many other cgo3+ videos posted so far in which the hex is stationary and the camera is used to pan the horizon, the horizon goes from reasonably level.....to tilted.

tilted.jpg

If you're on slightly uneven ground at the time of turning the H on it gets drastically exaggerated once you are up high and have a clear horizon in the shot. It's imperative that the place you pick for lift off is as flat as possible for proper camera calibration. Uneven grassy areas are the worst but even some concrete slabs/sidewalks are poured unevenly.

Reactions: Badala
If you're on slightly uneven ground at the time of turning the H on it gets drastically exaggerated once you are up high and have a clear horizon in the shot. It's imperative that the place you pick for lift off is as flat as possible for proper camera calibration. Uneven grassy areas are the worst but even some concrete slabs/sidewalks are poured unevenly.

I've noticed that when flying my q500 4k.. Landed in the grass once.. re took off and it was cock-eyed..landed again power cycled and all was well.

I've noticed that when flying my q500 4k.. Landed in the grass once.. re took off and it was cock-eyed..landed again power cycled and all was well.

I have the same problem with my DJI P3ADV, But a fast gimbal calibration helps always ...
I hope i will receive my H this week
/\/\ax2206

I agree with taking off on an as level ground as possible.....the 360 degree gimbal seems to exagerate (or is it more exacerbate) the tilted horizon issue, and in MANY cases as the operator pans the camera around while holding the hex in place, you can see the horizon in the videos as being level first, than leaning left, than leaning right, than back to level as the camera makes its way 360 degrees around.

Should only take a minute I believe.

And you can turn the H on right after you turn the ST16 on. Don't wait for it to start up.
This is not 1980 and the H will not start up and fly away without the radio signal present.
Probably will take a beating from some older RC guys for that last comment but it really is not make a difference on newer SS radio's

Does anyone know how to check the repair status off a drone? Sent my H off to yuneec and Im wondering how long it will take to be fixed or replaced.

When I called last Monday to send my crashed H in they told me that their goal was a 7 day turnaround but to give them maybe 10 days. I shipped it back the next day and they sent me a replacement the following day and I had that on Friday which was great. Not sure when they decide to repair vs. replace. I would suggest calling customer support if they've already had it for a couple of days to get a estimate of time needed.

When I called last Monday to send my crashed H in they told me that their goal was a 7 day turnaround but to give them maybe 10 days. I shipped it back the next day and they sent me a replacement the following day and I had that on Friday which was great. Not sure when they decide to repair vs. replace. I would suggest calling customer support if they've already had it for a couple of days to get a estimate of time needed.
Ok. I sent it Friday and they received it today. hahaha Im just super anxious on getting it back. Did they send you an email or anything? or did you just call them?

Wow, that was quick.

I'm in Canada and it's not so quick. I called Yuneec on Friday, they gave me an RA number & were supposed to provide a shipping label. Monday came (today), still nothing. Called/emailed and I have a feeling that I'll be calling again. I think they are just a bit confused on how to send and retrieve stuff from Canada with a carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold