Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop balancing

The Yuneec OEM props are pretty well balanced right out of the package. If I notice any vibration in the landing gear or the camera then I check all the props. There are as many ways to do it as there are people doing it. Some of the fancy balancing rigs I have purchased don't do as well as these simple methods.

This is not cheap, but it has been my "Go To" balancer for many years. I've balanced everything from small drone props to 30-inch 3 blade props for 170 cc gas engines. It has proven to be deadly accurate. And as such I can back up what Steve says, the Typhoon props, or at least my H+ props, are balanced pretty’s good out of the box.

The Yuneec OEM props are pretty well balanced right out of the package. If I notice any vibration in the landing gear or the camera then I check all the props. There are as many ways to do it as there are people doing it. Some of the fancy balancing rigs I have purchased don't do as well as these simple methods.

thank you very much, I was about to purchase a balancer from Carolina Dronz

Not much to be gained from balancing factory H props as they arrive fairly well balanced. Those that do will often find it didn’t help much.

If you see vibration of one or more individual motor booms the condition would not likely be caused by prop balance. The real issue would be ESC timing. It’s also demonstrated through vibrating landing gear.

Should you experience such anomalies the only cure is in replacing the main board since all the ESC’s are integrated with it and there is no way to re-program Yuneec ESC timing. That may well be the reason the 920+ cannot stabilize the CGO-4 image at max zoom.

Last edited:
My props are balanced, but I need a colored tracking tape to satisfy my OCD.. [emoji23]

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Think mine must be a little off balance with all the insect blood and guts on them, my wife's nail wipes come in handy.

I have been reading a lot about balancing propellers and how they eliminate video flutter
Has anyone done this and does it make a difference?
"video flutter"? I think it unlikely, but are you sure you're not referring to the shadows from the props as they fall on the lens?

Reactions: PatR
Easiest thing to do is try another set and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval