Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Props wont start

So were you in an open area with a clear view of 100 degrees or more of open sky?

Were you in a valley where the hills block a lot of the sky?

Were there a lot of tall trees around that blocked the sky except directly overhead?

Both the aircraft and controller need a clear view of the sky. They both have GPS and they both must have a good GPS fix before the motors will start.

yes to most but Im in a different area now and it still says acquiring GPS

Will the H motors start with out a GPS lock?

Why cant I get help from yuneec as well?

A quick fix might be:
Turn off the drone.
Delete the current "Model" on the ST16
Create a new Model for the TH
Ensure the new model is selected.
Return to the ST16 Main Screen.
Turn off the ST16
Turn on the drone.
Tilt it forward to get the orange rear LED.
Start the ST16
Try to bind again.

If this doesn't work, we need to run an extensive verification process that isn't much fun.

So again is satellite and GPS different? I show 12 to 15 satellites how ever it still says acquiring GPS

How many Drone satellites do you have, and how many controller satellites do you have?
If you have enough of both, and you are in area you have flown before, this is starting to sound more like a failure of the flight control board.

ST16.jpg

So again is satellite and GPS different? I show 12 to 15 satellites how ever it still says acquiring GPS
How many days do you have on the ST16 as well as the aircraft? If the ST16 is not getting good positional data it will not signal the aircraft and you will still see acquiring for GPS. The other possibility is a bad Flight Controller board and it never sees the GPS good from the ST16.

You can’t get help from Yuneec Customer Support, because they closed it in the USA. You can always try emailing YCS in the UK and see if they can help, but you will do better here on the forum. For parts you can check with @Yuneec Skins

You should upload your flight logs to the forum. We may be able to see something in the flight data that could provide a clue. See Attachment 57 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF document attached to "Way To Fix Drones project" if you need assistance uploading the files.

A screenshot of your ST16 may also be helpful.

I ussed your double tap on the volts and pushed the red button. My engines started but I had to pull the battery to get them to stop. Any tips would be appreciated.

I ussed your double tap on the volts and pushed the red button. My engines started but I had to pull the battery to get them to stop. Any tips would be appreciated.
@mghijm ,
We really need more information to provide help. This is your first post, added into an old thread. We could assume your details are an exact match of the previous discussions, but it would be better if you will confirm and clarify.
What model of drone do you have?
What problems do you have?
What has changed between the last time the drone worked normally, and the first time it did not? (crash/hard landing, long storage, firmware updates, modifications, repairs, etc.)

You mentioned an issue with the start/stop button (B1). And you mentioned you checked the Final Output display. But you did not mention whether the button responded normally on the display. CH01 should go to (-)25% when you push the button. Did it do that every time you pushed the button?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss