Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pucker factor of 10

Reaction score
So with all the talk of problems lately with the TH firmware, I've been so overly careful when doing any type of hobby flying. I did update my TH Pro about a week ago once the official US links were posted on the Yuneec website and had about 5-7 flights with the new FW with no issues. A buddy asked if I would like to go on his boat (salt water) and I asked if the drone could tag along. Definitely twice as nerve racking flying over water, then land. Tested out the Follow Me and Orbit modes functions (I've done these on land, but never in an object moving fast. Sorry for the long video I just whipped it up fast to show his family.

Z

Amazing sharpness and clarity. Do you recall the cam settings?
I have not yet tried Orbit, but I will now. Happy to hear a Pro updated with no problems.

Amazing sharpness and clarity. Do you recall the cam settings?
I have not yet tried Orbit, but I will now. Happy to hear a Pro updated with no problems.

I use the default cam settings (AUTO) (all stock TH Pro). I'm by no means an expert video/photographer (as well as a noob video editor)

Z

Reactions: Rayray
Here is what happens when the pucker factor comes true!

I am having no luck with bird strikes, this time a seagull attacked the H and down it went, right into the Atlantic Ocean.

25' Down, Diver retrieved it in 20 minutes ($200.00) and I immediately flushed it with fresh water, disassembled it and dried everything. The drone spent 24 hours at the bottom of the ocean.

Surprisingly it only had two props destroyed, the battery, and main board are the only parts that show any type of damage. I will not know till I get it home and start testing things.

So now I have had two H's destroyed, 1 in BC, 1 in NL... time for a third.

Regards,

Mike

IMG_0676A.JPG IMG_0683A.JPG IMG_0700A.JPG IMG_0703A.JPG IMG_0704A.JPG IMG_0707A.JPG IMG_0716A.JPG

Reactions: BillyTexas

I am having no luck with bird strikes, this time a seagull attacked the H and down it went, right into the Atlantic Ocean.

25' Down, Diver retrieved it in 20 minutes ($200.00) and I immediately flushed it with fresh water, disassembled it and dried everything. The drone spent 24 hours at the bottom of the ocean.

Surprisingly it only had two props destroyed, the battery, and main board are the only parts that show any type of damage. I will not know till I get it home and start testing things.

Regards,

Mike

View attachment 3003 View attachment 3004 View attachment 3005 View attachment 3019 View attachment 3020 View attachment 3021 View attachment 3022
[emoji47] Wow...that is crazy! Well at least you will have extra body parts. Maybe it will fire up. Can use as a stunt drone...when you need to do something really crazy.

Bill W.

Regards,

Mike

View attachment 3003 View attachment 3004 View attachment 3005 View attachment 3019 View attachment 3020 View attachment 3021 View attachment 3022

Sorry to hear about your misfortune but you sure covered the reclamation like a pro... great picture story!!! I look forward to hearing about how the repairs go.

Reactions: BillyTexas
That was an interesting party. Looks like shark chuming .LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop