Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

putting H920 away with cgo4 attached

Reaction score
I had to take out a bunch of the styrofoam to fit the drone back into the main box once the cgo4 attached is this normal? 20200608_232440.jpeg20200608_232442.jpeg

Reactions: Thunder horse
Yes that's why the CGO4 has its own case store them separate or take all the foam out. In that situation it sits loosely and can move around a bit.

It is, no worries storing it in it's drone case, it sure iss a pain in the arse re-attaching the camera evey time to the body of the hex...found it way more better to just store it in the box on the drone 4 sure!?

perfect it still seems very well secured

I was advised to always fit the camera steady to my H Plus for transport even in its case. The camera is free to move on the gimbel and will result in damage and an expensive repair. My advise to you is if you cant lock the camera so it cant move about in transport remove the camera and put it in its case.
PS. Copied and pasted from Yuneecs skins web site.

Yuneec CGO3+ Camera Cover/Gimbal Lock

A Must have to keep Camera & Gimbal
Safe during Transport

Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
I have a large GPC (Goprofessionalcases) case for my H+. I use the gimbal lock that came with it to lock the camera steady, but I leave it attached for transport. I try to keep the case upright as much as possible as well.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Keeping it upright goes out the window when checked as air transport baggage. I had a lot of drones shipped to me overseas with cameras attached. Almost every attached camera sustained shipping damage of some sort. Cameras packaged and shipped
individually arrived unscathed.

Keeping it upright goes out the window when checked as air transport baggage. I had a lot of drones shipped to me overseas with cameras attached. Almost every attached camera sustained shipping damage of some sort. Cameras packaged and shipped
individually arrived unscathed.

True, but not an issue for me. If I was shipping I would absolutely take the camera off, and likely ship it and the aircraft rather than let the luggage monkeys have a shot at it. I've had bad luck with airlines and model airplanes in checked luggage.

I've had bad luck with airlines and model airplanes in checked luggage.

Along with everyone else. Just a PSA, but I did a ride along in the front office of a UPS DC-8 awhile back. All they haul is freight. That included a quick tour of the sorting facility. They don’t treat anything any better than passenger carriers, and my observations puts UPS worse. In fact, they may well be where the gorilla testing of luggage was done in that old commercial...

Reactions: Phaedrus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval