Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q 500 Battery Fail

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Pilots, I've a question regarding my Battery on my - Q 500 ! After charging my Battery, I inserted the Battery in My Q to take a Normal Flight on Sunday like I always do. Why doing my Pre - Flight check Satellites, Battery Indicator Light Bars etc. on my ST - 10 Indicate I had A full battery, As I took off and gained some Altitude, My transmitter gave it's normal alert of Vibrating that my Battery was getting low. As look down at the Controller there was no light Bars in battery section of the controller, as I hurried to land, Without a seconds notice, The Party was Over as I was flying over water, the Q Plunged into the lake with no chance of Recovering it. What would make the Transmitter Indicate a full Battery on take - off, then all of sudden, there is nothing with the flight being no more than 2 - 4 mins. ?

I think the batteries are the Achilles heal of these machines. Even at best of times they are unreliable and the main source of trepidation whenever I go up. I've never had one fail, but one thing I always do before going over water(which still scares the crap out of me) is to let it hover of fly over land for at least a minute ad watch the battery to make sure it's behaving normally.

I think the batteries are the Achilles heal of these machines. Even at best of times they are unreliable and the main source of trepidation whenever I go up. I've never had one fail, but one thing I always do before going over water(which still scares the crap out of me) is to let it hover of fly over land for at least a minute ad watch the battery to make sure it's behaving normally.
I know ! it was a **** of a pill to swallow LoooL, But I'm getting over it after 6 days. I love flying them so much I order another one and hopefully it will get here tomorrow, so I can get back in the air. That's part of the business in this Hobby !

Yeah that's the nice thing with the two I have now(Q500 4K and Breeze 4K) with what I spent if I lose one I'm not out enough to turn me off to the hobby. If I had a Mavic Pro or P4P fall out of the sky I'd probably never buy another.

Yeah that's the nice thing with the two I have now(Q500 4K and Breeze 4K) with what I spent if I lose one I'm not out enough to turn me off to the hobby. If I had a Mavic Pro or P4P fall out of the sky I'd probably never buy another.
I Totally understand ! !

what i do is i check the battery before every flight by using a lipo battery checker looking at each cell and getting a percentage of how much power the battery has ( if it has less than 90% i will not go up ) . then when i am ready to go i will hover and check how many volts the battery has .
i know batteries can fail at any time , i had a brand new Yuneec battery with only two flights on it , on the third flight just a i took off and hovered , low battery warring land now . that's how fast a battery can go bad . there is a way to check the resistance in each cell , that will tell you if the cells are going bad , that will lead to battery failure . when one cell go's bad you can toss it away it wont charge .
go to this site it's a good read https://rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/#lipo_numbers
fly safe

NRRTrains hit the nail on the head.
Buy a good charger and when not in use for a few days put the battery in storage mode. They last longer. Keep an eye on flight times...... as the battery ages flight times decrease

what i do is i check the battery before every flight by using a lipo battery checker looking at each cell and getting a percentage of how much power the battery has ( if it has less than 90% i will not go up ) . then when i am ready to go i will hover and check how many volts the battery has .
i know batteries can fail at any time , i had a brand new Yuneec battery with only two flights on it , on the third flight just a i took off and hovered , low battery warring land now . that's how fast a battery can go bad . there is a way to check the resistance in each cell , that will tell you if the cells are going bad , that will lead to battery failure . when one cell go's bad you can toss it away it wont charge .
go to this site it's a good read A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries
fly safe
Thank You so much for the Information and the Article, I will pick up one and put it in my flight bag.

NRRTrains hit the nail on the head.
Buy a good charger and when not in use for a few days put the battery in storage mode. They last longer. Keep an eye on flight times...... as the battery ages flight times decrease
That's what I'm going to do,Thank You......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder