Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K In The Long Term

Reaction score
Hi All

Just wondering what your opinions are on the long term reliability of this drone.

I am in the UK and the full version cost me £879. Now I realise that in drone circles that's not a huge amount of money but for me personally it is so can I look forward to many hours of flying my drone or are problems inevitable after a few months?

Just interested to hear your experiences and what you think.

Hi All

Just wondering what your opinions are on the long term reliability of this drone.

I am in the UK and the full version cost me £879. Now I realise that in drone circles that's not a huge amount of money but for me personally it is so can I look forward to many hours of flying my drone or are problems inevitable after a few months?

Just interested to hear your experiences and what you think.
Sounds like you just need to calibrate the compass and IMU. Read in the manual how to do it.

ha ha yes I misread your post, I thought your drone was going in circles...I don't think it matters what brand of copter you get, all these things are pushing the limits or what's available at consumer level and for sure they have break downs, you just need to keep an eye on things and catch problems before they get big.

Mwelr is quite correct. Start a maintenance and flight log to write down not only your flight and setting used etc... but reactions of copter etc. In the maintenance log list times on copter motors blades batteries(number of charges) etc and watch for ware and tear. Down the road you will begin to see where these logs payoff. You will know when certain items need replacement. Example motor bearing will over time ware out, battery resistance levels will show how quickly your battery is aging and when its not safe to fly with it any longer, close examination of prop hubs will reveal cracks over time etc...... Treat it like a real aircraft and it will last a very long time if well maintained. I have over 250 flight hours on one of my test copters. The only reason it lasted was being well maintained and correct issues before they occur. Your camera with sound when recording should be listen to carefully on each flight. This way when something doesn't sound quite right you will notice it very quickly before you have a possible flight failure. See my blogs for more detail.

Now my question is off subject to the group. Anyone notice the H boys have come up with a really good ccc program for their copters? I wonder if that could be adapted to the Q500 series?

Cheers

Batfire
batfire's blog - RC Groups

Reactions: banned user

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech