Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4k Motherboard Versions

Reaction score
Hi all, I have recently joined this wonderful forum and could now use some helpful advice regarding Q500 motherboards.
I am resurrecting a gifted 4k that suffered a catastrophic crash from which the mother board appears to be partially U/S.
I have purchased a replacement board and despite asking the seller for a description of the variations, none was forthcoming.
I've included some pics of the old and new boards with highlights to the areas of concern. I am hoping someone will be able to
tell me if the board I have bought will be suitable and if I need to make any adjustments to the noted points.

Thank you for your attention.

Old Board gimbal lead.jpgNew Board gimbal lead from board.jpg

Old Board reverse.jpgNew Board reverse.jpg
New Board gimbal lead.jpgNew Board USB yoke.jpg

Reactions: WTFDproject
I am hoping someone will be able to
tell me if the board I have bought will be suitable and if I need to make any adjustments to the noted points.
The board is fully suitable. It just reflects some minor differences between the earlier board for Q500 and the newer board for Q500 4K. Either will work fine in either drone. Your new board is the newer version.

The Blue PWM Wire:
That's a ground point. I did not remember it being blue on the original version. It was moved closer to the camera "Belly Button" connector on the newer versions and is black. They work exactly the same. The board with the single white wire soldered directly to the board is the newest version.
PWM.jpg

The White Switch Wire:
I assume this was a "Factory Repair". I've seen a bunch of them done this way. They came from the factory this way, but they certainly don't fit the norm of a printed circuit board. If I recall correctly, the wire grounds the positive side of the power circuit when the switch is turned off. I assume the tracing in the board was not working to ground the circuit (or was not present), so this wire was added as a modification/repair. The newer version makes the connection without the wire. Either version works fine.
White Wire.jpg

The Extra Lead on the Gimbal Belly Connector:
When the CGo3 4K camera was introduced, the version of the camera used on the Q500 series came with a "hot shoe" in the mount to connect with the main board. It replaced the "pig tail" wires used on the CGo2 and other early model cameras. The extra lead you see plugs into the hot shoe on the drone side of the camera mount.
You will need to drill a hole in the lower shell if you want to add the hot shoe feature. Or you can use the pig tail that came with the CGo3. They do exactly the same thing.
Gimbal Lead.jpg Gimbal Lead 2.jpg

Extra lead / GUI Tap:
This extension is to make it easier to connect the Q500 to a PC via the GUI. In the first versions you had a connector inside the battery door between the receiver and the main board. You disconnected the receiver and hooked up the GUI lead in its place. In the newer version, this extra extension is provided and is all that is visible inside the battery door. You just connect the GUI lead directly to it.
GUI Tap7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
Thank you very much for your informative reply, I am very grateful. it was exactly what I needed. I don't feel so daunted by the transplant op ahead. I will post
the outcome accordingly.

Hi all, I have recently joined this wonderful forum and could now use some helpful advice regarding Q500 motherboards.
I am resurrecting a gifted 4k that suffered a catastrophic crash from which the mother board appears to be partially U/S.
I have purchased a replacement board and despite asking the seller for a description of the variations, none was forthcoming.
I've included some pics of the old and new boards with highlights to the areas of concern. I am hoping someone will be able to

Thank you for your attention.

View attachment 29420View attachment 29421

View attachment 29422View attachment 29423
View attachment 29424View attachment 29425
Very warm welcome to the forum Rhodie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis