Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K never used before, won't bind, stuck at #37

Reaction score
I have a Q500 4K that I purchased a couple years ago and waited too long to return it when it didn't work. I followed Attachment 33 up to step 36 but am stuck on step 37 because no receiver ID is seen on the ST10+ screen. I have attached the Q500 to a windows system and with the gui can get sensor data and read the model number from the device. Suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks - Jeff Hanson

It sounds mostly like a problem with the ST10+ controller. Do you have another ST10, ST10+, ST12 or ST16 you can try?

Is the camera ID showing up on the other side of the "Camera" column (Step 38).

I do not have another controller. The camera does show up and I can bind to that, take pictures, ....

There are a couple of things you can try before looking for another controller;
1.) Do a controller factory reset.
2.) Do a firmware update. Do NOT try to follow the Yuneec instructions. Although they are not WRONG, they are so poorly worded it led a lot of folks into failure. Use Attachment 37 (ST10+ Firmware Update) instead.
It may even help to take the back off the controller. Look for anything loose. Unplug everything and plug it back in. I would at least try the firmware update before taking the back off.

I don't see how to do a factory reset. How it this done?

Note - in Attachment 37 very nice instructions, it says SD Card but the slot is sized for micro SD which is what the Yuneec instructions say.

I don't see how to do a factory reset. How it this done?

Note - in Attachment 37 very nice instructions, it says SD Card but the slot is sized for micro SD which is what the Yuneec instructions say.
"I don't see how to do a factory reset. How it this done?"
1.) Select "System Settings" at lower left of the screen.
2.) Select "OK" on the confirmation window.
3.) Select "Reset" from the list.
4.) Select "Factory data reset".
5.) Read the "Warning", then select "OK".
6.) Select "Reset device".
7.) Select "Reset everything".
You will need to repeat the process of creating a new model and rebind to the drone after the reset. Those instructions are already in Attachment 33.

"it says SD Card but the slot is sized for micro SD which is what the Yuneec instructions say."
It's a common short cut from repeating the phrase "micro" on systems that do not use the larger SD cards. Yuneec does not use the larger card in any of their systems I know of. You find examples of both habits on the Forum, with simple "SD Card" being prevalent. Yuneec literature and instructions also use both. You will even see at least one example in the on screen instructions as you work through the Factory Reset.

Factory reset done. No change to behavior.
I followed the instructions to flash but no files are seen on the card when it is in the controller.

Another test was to connect to the camera which worked as I wrote before. I can take pictures and video but can not change the angle on the camera. I don't have enough AA batteries in the house to test the steadygrip but I can do that if it would help.

The steady grip won't help.
We can't say for certain if it is a drone issue or a controller issue, but the controller is the most likely. If you can't find someone nearby with a controller to try, the next logical step would be to send the controller for evaluation and repair.

The steady grip won't help.
We can't say for certain if it is a drone issue or a controller issue, but the controller is the most likely. If you can't find someone nearby with a controller to try, the next logical step would be to send the controller for evaluation and repair.
Is there any chance you have the Wizard Wand? If you do it would isolate the problem to the aircraft’s or the controller’s SR24 Zigbee module.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval