Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4k with CGO3 Camera Problem

Reaction score
I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, I am new to this forum.
I have the Q500 4k and had a small crash( drop of about 3 feet. I broke the tips off of two blades, otherwise everything seemed fine, until I got my replacement blades installed and went to fly. The issue is actually with my camera. As soon as the drone is fully powered up, the camera will automatically tunr to the left, and every now and then will flip back and forth unless I physically stop it from doing so. Then it just sits turned to the left. Once I turn the drone off, the camera seems to be freed up and returns to a forward facing position. The same thing happens when I attach the camera to the SteadyGrip. The camera seems fine other than this issue, the up and down controls on the controllers work fine. I have tried to reset the camera using the buttons under the SD card slot, I have unbound and then rebinded the ST10 Controller. Nothing I do seems to work. I would appreciate any help anyone could suggest. With Yuneec US essentially out of business, I have no where else to turn. I love my drone, and have loads of fun flying, but I really need to get this camera issue resolved.

In General, the camera's stabilization is out of calibration. The details are myriad. It could be some physical change due to the light impact, such as a sensor, a sensor magnet, some debris in the wrong place, a slight bend in the frame, etc. It could be that it somehow took a small electric surge to the gimbal board.

Does the camera respond at all to manual tilt control?
Is it making any beeping sounds?

Yes, the camera does respond the the manual control, it just sits facing left the entire time. Makes no beeping sounds other than the normal sounds upon initial load.

More Questions:
Is the camera pointed EXACTLY 90 degrees left?
Were the dampers pulled out?

Also; Tilt and roll the Q500 around. Does the camera seem to handle auto stabilization normally? (other than being pointed sideways).

It is not 90 degrees left, probably slightly more than 45, maybe 60 to 70 degrees. Nothing has been pulled out, there does not appear to be any damage on the surface.

Other than it being pointed sideways, yes, it seems to handle the stabilization fine.

I just realized you are talking about a Q500, CGo3. The mention of pointing left is much more often a Typhoon H / CG03+ thing (and my feeble brain latched right on).
Please confirm which drone/camera you have.

Sorry about that. Thanks.
The problem is probably related to either the IMU sensor (inside the camera ball), or to the Yaw Sensor (under the gimbal board in the camera mount).
However, it could be as simple as a damaged wire in the wire bundle where the camera arms join to the vertical arm. Take a look at that area with a flashlight, magnifying glass, and something to move the wires around a little to get a better look. Look for some scrapped insulation, or a partially broken wire.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I will do that in a short bit, my wife is using the room where my drone is located. Thank you for this help, anything is greatly appreciated. I love my drone and love to fly, just frustrated right now.

It is not 90 degrees left, probably slightly more than 45, maybe 60 to 70 degrees.
One more clarification. The CGo3 has mechanical stops that are supposed to limit left/right to 45 degrees either way. We need to verify the camera moves freely by the same amount to both left and right when not powered up.

Reactions: DoomMeister
So I just powered it up. Two things. 1. The camera started rocking back and forth until I physically stopped it with my hand, then it kept itself turned left at 45 degrees or so. While powered off, the camera moves freely without issue. I also rocked the drone forward, backward and side to side, all movement for the gimbal seems fine. I checked the wires, no scrapes or cut wires that I can see.

This is about the last hope for an "Easy Fix". Check the clearance between the top of the camera ball and the Yaw motor enclosure. This is actually looking for a rear arm bent upwards.

cgo3.jpg

Reactions: gn298595

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx