Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 Binding Issues

Reaction score
Hey all, I just got a Q500 in and right out of the box, the drone wouldn't work. So reset the transmitter and created a new binding. I have done this multiple time. The Bindings always show connected :)

What is weird is that after binding and rebooting everything, I never get a green light, I always get a rapid flash ~5 blue with 1 amber light.

When this occurs 80% of the time I am getting camera imagery on the ST10, however, Gimbal tilt only works 10% of the time after binding. I have never been able to do a compass calibration

The ST10 it always shows the GPS Satellites and a wifi, but no other telemetry is displayed

I have performed a System update as well as firmware update for the tx as well as updated the drone.

Any other ideas?

When you are in Angle Mode, the status light will flash blue with occasional white flashes. The blue indicates Angle mode. The white indicates GPS is ready.
If you switch to Smart mode the light will be green flashing with white.

You won't be able to do a compass calibration until the Q is successfully bound to the ST10. Are you tipping the Q forward a few times to get the orange flashing light to start the binding process?

I pretty much always have the switch in smart mode at this time and it continues to flash blue.

Based on the above, I moved the switch to angle mode and the motors still don't start up., when holding down the start button

Yes the binding process is always initiated by tipping the drone forward twice, getting the LED to flash orange

I should have mentioned, even if the gimbal isn't responding, the movie and picture buttons are remotely activating the camera

On the bind screen do you see the Q500 listed on the left column as in this picture?

Binding.jpg

That is correct, it is displayed just like that

I also checked for no-fly zone and I am not in one per the yuneec website

Attachments

• IMG_0816.JPG
    IMG_0816.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Members online