Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 help

Ok the ground on the main board reads continuity between the ground and the 4.6 lead then I checked for 4.6 V over to the black chip I get the 4.6 v but on the ground lead instead of red 4.6 on it I get 0.00 on red. I hope this makes sense. Sounds like the to are grounded over
Think I found it I moved some of the main power wires to the side and noticed a burnt spot and seen a peace of solder or something so I cleaned it with alcohol a piece came off where the burnt spot was and this is what it looks like I'd say it's my board what do you think?20190525_131411.jpeg

Oh yeah ..... When I got the loose pease off of the board it broke continuity between the ground and the red but evidently has burnt something else in the process thanks again
Think I found it I moved some of the main power wires to the side and noticed a burnt spot and seen a peace of solder or something so I cleaned it with alcohol a piece came off where the burnt spot was and this is what it looks like I'd say it's my board what do you think?View attachment 16726

It would still be helpful to check the OLD GPS unit. The blown chip is SYMPTOM, not a cause. The chip can be replaced, but would blow again if the cause is not determined first.

I think there are a couple unused chips on the board that are the same type. I will see what I can find. The burnt bit of tracing can be bypassed with a piece of small wire.

OK, as we discussed in PM, I removed the subject chip from a spare board, and installed a jumper around the affected area. It worked fine on the spare board.
The spare board is in relatively good shape, with no history of short circuit. Your board took a pretty heavy hit. Please be aware, and stay ready to unplug the battery quickly if things go wrong. I ran the jumper from the black power source to the capacitor just downstream of the affected area. The wire in the picture is way larger and longer than needed. I also attached a clean photo of the original area with red arrows to show the exact connection points.
You can do the soldering inside, but take the bird outside for the first power up. Remember there is some risk to this, and use all required caution.

Attachments

• Jumper.jpg
    Jumper.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Jumper2.jpg
    Jumper2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 12
The burnt part is (was) a ferrite bead to suppress interferences. It can be replaced by simple wire but better to have it anyhow.
A bit largersomething like this could be used as jumper as described above:

br HE

Reactions: WTFDproject
I could not get 4.60 volts any where, except from the the red power pin to the chip in this picture. And it worked !!! Just was losing power all the way between these 2 points!! Went out for a test flight and it fly's great ...... Smooth!! Thanks so much for your help , I was ready to scrap the board.. it was good to see it back up instead of down lol. I had to draw so glad didn't get a good picture of it lol Thanks again 20190527_220311.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval