Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 went down any answers may help8

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me I bought a q500 about a month ago panda fence line and every day everything was going perfect and then a couple days ago I think a small flight I was about 40 feet in the air and about 50 feet from me and the controller vibrating I look down it said battery warning screen with flashing red then I looked up to see where the drone was and it was falling out of the sky I had no control over it and just went straight down then I drove around looking for it I had no controller response at all everything just said n a then after about 30 minutes of looking for it I drove back down the same street that I had went down prior and all of a sudden they controller and laid up and pinpointing me to where it was laying any one of my neighbor's bushes and had broken and wings the camera was ripped off somewhere along the way I never retrieve that but everything else was functionable the battery was showing 3/4 power promoters all turn back on so I was wondering if anyone had ever had this happen before and also if anyone knew any websites that I could possibly pick up just the q500 with a camera on it for a decent price

What I call FlightLogs are CSV-data that are recorded by the UAS. It consists of telemetry from copter, GPS data from RC und data control signals sent to from RC to copter. Those data are stored on the SD card inside the ST10 in a folder called FlightLog. It can be downloaded via USB connection.
It is very good to analyze what happened and to do dignostics or verifications.
SD-card_ST10.png

br HE

Sounds a lot like others that had same situation. Without the logs, simplest diagnosis to me would be the start stop switch. We're you taking pictures? Maybe hit wrong button?

In what way is this relevant to sUAS regulations in the United States?
I'm with @Grumpy on this one. ...Huh??
Hey Pat, do you know what thread this is? Do you know what day of the week this is? Is it maybe time to consider giving up the car keys?? I'd ask you if you knew who the president was, but that might be considered racists by some! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Grumpy
Then have at it. I think @PatR can take care of himself.
Oh you can bet we're countin' on that! That's good to know about the original thread though, now it makes sense.
As for @PatR possibly loosing his mind, ...we're standing behind that and braced for impact! Maybe he won't notice?

• Love
Reactions: WTFDproject
Sounds like a senior moment to me. Like they say "this too shall pass". Or were they talking about gas?

Mine did this about a month ago. It landed itself kinda hard but didn't crash, nothing broken. I'm wondering if there is a way to load test these batteries?

Reactions: Grumpy
The discharge curve of the battery can be monitored by telemetry. You could compare the curve with those of a new battery or better with an earlier graph of the same battery. It's good to have an eye on the history of the flight batteries.

The voltage goes down with load, but the question is how far and fast.
Akku_gut_schlecht.png

This is not an proper measurement but better than nothing. It you have a charger that can measure internal resistance of the battery cells, this is much better of course.

br HE

The discharge curve of the battery can be monitored by telemetry. You could compare the curve with those of a new battery or better with an earlier graph of the same battery. It's good to have an eye on the history of the flight batteries.

The voltage goes down with load, but the question is how far and fast.
View attachment 18380

This is not an proper measurement but better than nothing. It you have a charger that can measure internal resistance of the battery cells, this is much better of course.

br HE
I some how manged to wipe out my earlier flight logs., so am starting over. I'll look at those graphs after I get a few more flights, only one since I lost the logs.
Thank you for your response.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech