Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question for Hitec X4 users

Reaction score
I just purchased a Hitec X4 for use with Typhoon H batteries. I'm aware of the wattage limitation but even when charging at 2.0 amps on 4S, the charger will shut off after a minute or two and does not show any error message. It does it every time. The screen looks just like it does before the long press to start it up. It does this on all 4 ports on any of my 4 batteries, all of which charge fine on the Yuneec charger. I also have a voltmeter and there is no apparent issue like grossly out of balance cells. This is my first use of this charger but it doesn't seem that hard to set up. Am I missing something?

Do you long press the enter button to start the charge process?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Do you long press the enter button to start the charge process?

Yes, and it starts nicely and charges for 2 or 3 minutes and then just shuts off. I can see the timers and voltage moving as well as the balance in the cells. The start process can be done again, charges a couple minutes, then shuts off. That's all it will do, no error messages.

So the entire thing shuts off, LED display and all or is the fan just cycling? My fan cycles on and off a lot if I am only charging one or two batteries.

So the entire thing shuts off, LED display and all or is the fan just cycling? My fan cycles on and off a lot if I am only charging one or two batteries.

It does not shut off as in no display. It just stops charging. It goes back to the display exactly as it is before you long press it to start charging. The timers are gone, the cell voltages are gone and the fan powers down but not completely off.

I agree, sounds defective. Balance boards are plugged in correctly?

Either defective, or you have the recharge to Mah set too low.
Needs to be about 6000mah or it will not fully charge. I do not have my manual in front of me to advise how to check.

Either defective, or you have the recharge to Mah set too low.
Needs to be about 6000mah or it will not fully charge. I do not have my manual in front of me to advise how to check.
Recharge to is set at 5400 Mah and 120 minutes time. But charging stops and battery is less than 50% charged . It won't cahrge over a couple minute even at 2.0 amps.

I just purchased a Hitec X4 for use with Typhoon H batteries. I'm aware of the wattage limitation but even when charging at 2.0 amps on 4S, the charger will shut off after a minute or two and does not show any error message. It does it every time. The screen looks just like it does before the long press to start it up. It does this on all 4 ports on any of my 4 batteries, all of which charge fine on the Yuneec charger. I also have a voltmeter and there is no apparent issue like grossly out of balance cells. This is my first use of this charger but it doesn't seem that hard to set up. Am I missing something?
if you just purchased the Hitec X4 take it back some thing is not right with this unit , if you purchased it at your local hobby shop bring your batteries and show them what happens when you charge your batteries .

Did you check to see what the cut off safety timer was set to? there is a setting in there that says don't exceed a specific time for charging... I don't recall how to exactly get to that setting, but the manual will show you how I assume if you know to look for this setting.

open this PDF file just in case you missed something , personally i don't think so , i think there is something wrong with the software .

Attachments

• Hitec _ Venom Charger Guide — Roger's Hobby Center.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 14
Thanks for all you guys' help. I've tried everything and it just keeps turning off. I don't have a hobby store near me, bought it at Amazon so I'm just gonna return it. I don't think I'll get another hitec X4. After messing with this I think I'll get one that has 100 amps per port rather than 50. I'd still like a 4 port AC unit. Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis