Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Quick question

Reaction score
New to the yuneec typhoon. I've got a purple solid light for GPS lock in angle mode, every so often it blips over to a white light for maybe a second.. than back to purple.. what's this telling me.. not seeing it in the manual! TIA

New to the yuneec typhoon. I've got a purple solid light for GPS lock in angle mode, every so often it blips over to a white light for maybe a second.. than back to purple.. what's this telling me.. not seeing it in the manual! TIA

Normal appearance when things are right in Angle mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purple/white = GPS lock in Angle mode
Green/white = GPS lock in Smart mode

Purple/white = GPS lock in Angle mode
Green/white = GPS lock in Smart mode

From TYPHOON-H-USER-MANUAL-V1.1.pdf:

"NOTICE: White blink between solid flight mode indicates enough satellites for Watch Me/Follow Me."

This means that I always have to have the intermittently with the white to be able to use the "Watch Me/Follow Me mode" ?
Previously (and it would seem more logical to me), the normal situation was with the solid color (green or purple).

From TYPHOON-H-USER-MANUAL-V1.1.pdf:

"NOTICE: White blink between solid flight mode indicates enough satellites for Watch Me/Follow Me."

This means that I always have to have the intermittently with the white to be able to use the "Watch Me/Follow Me mode" ?
Previously (and it would seem more logical to me), the normal situation was with the solid color (green or purple).

Spot on explanation. Thanks Marco

Spot on explanation. Thanks Marco

Yes. If you watch the Sats coming up on startup (before you start the props), you'll see the solid purple light after the craft thinks it is ready, maybe some 12 to 18 Sats. Pay attention to the ST-16 Sats, and when the ST-16 goes above 9 or 10, the white light will start blinking slowly along with the solid purple light. So the ST-16 Sats are important.

Reactions: Part61part107
Means you have a GPS lock (good sign).
I agree with the captain it is a good sign as long as you have a good purple light and then a white blip .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval