Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Quicky Question.. (Calibration)..

Reaction score
.. with or without the camera attatched (T-H) ??

.. i've always done it with the camera attatched , BUT, at the same time i'm just curious if it makes any difference.. my reasoning being it could take less stress off the gimbal and camera if it weren't attatched while going through the calibration process.. thoughts ????

NW.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Most of us remove the camera for that very reason. The compass calibration does not seem to suffer by removing the camera.

I’m not sure if it makes any difference, but I always face Magnetic North and start with the front of the TH pointing that direction since the calibration is for the magnetometer.

A bit off topic, but for the static accelerometer calibration I point the TH to True North while on a perfectly flat surface. A bit of a hold over from working on IMU’s in military aircraft.

.. with or without the camera attatched (T-H) ??

.. i've always done it with the camera attatched , BUT, at the same time i'm just curious if it makes any difference.. my reasoning being it could take less stress off the gimbal and camera if it weren't attatched while going through the calibration process.. thoughts ????

NW.

I always calibrate with the camera off. Like you say
Less stress on the gimble.
Keith Kuhn

Last edited:
Hey thanks fellas, I kinda' figured it'd be ok to do it without, but just wanted to make sure.. If I had 1 beef with Yuneec (T-H) it would be that they should've engineered the gimbal base a bit stronger, I mean put at least 4 pins in the dampeners.. & btw, why only 2 pins ??.. I mean it's like having 2 tires on your car.. smh.. support seems pretty critical for the more than sensitive CGO3, but maybe it's just me.. LoL!

NW.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430