Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Quiet propellers

Reaction score
I would like to put “quiet propellers“ on my Yuneec Mantis Q. Can I use any of the other propellers that I see advertised? Are the prop connections universal or does each brand have its own way of mounting propellers?

There are many aspects you have to mind when choosing a propeller like mount, pitch, diameter, stiffness and so on. You cannot simply use another propeller espacially with these consumer drones, which cannot be modified a lot. Usually there are some alternatives but most of them have a pretty poor quality. As far as I know there is nothing outthere, which I can recommand for the Mantis.

Like @Mrgs1 said it usually ends up pretty bad when using non OEM propellers. I personally had very bad experiences with the Typhoon H (one major incident and one crash). Both times cheap non OEM propellers broke midair without any apparent reason.

Reactions: Rickbat
People that build their own drones have access to the software settings (PID - proportional, integral, and derivative) that control the ESC’s supplying power to the motors. When propellers are changed on a system those settings have to be matched to the system in order for the drone to react properly and protect the motors from overheating or stressing the ESC drivers.

Reactions: Rickbat
There are many aspects you have to mind when choosing a propeller like mount, pitch, diameter, stiffness and so on. You cannot simply use another propeller espacially with these consumer drones, which cannot be modified a lot. Usually there are some alternatives but most of them have a pretty poor quality. As far as I know there is nothing outthere, which I can recommand for the Mantis.

Like @Mrgs1 said it usually ends up pretty bad when using non OEM propellers. I personally had very bad experiences with the Typhoon H (one major incident and one crash). Both times cheap non OEM propellers broke midair without any apparent reason.
Thank you very much for your input!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace