Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rainy weather

Reaction score
IMG_0439.jpg

Hey guys ! Wondering if you guys fly in light rain? I don’t think the H is waterproof one bit?

It is best not to fly in any damp conditions, but I do know some have in a very light drizzle. And by light I would say almost like a gentle sneeze if you know what I mean. I have always avoided the rain and used it for maintenance days or working on photos and videos. Others will say they have in rain.

I look at it this way.....I don't have the windows in the car down while I drive in the rain.

For me, any precipitation at all...even the tiniest drop, is a complete no-no for me. If it ain't raining but the ground is wet i'm still super cautious making sure that I take off with something between the aircraft and the ground to prevent anything blowing on to the aircraft upon take off and hand catching upon landing.

Reactions: rdonson and Jimmie
I don't fly when there's snow on the ground much less when it's raining or snowing.

I've flown with snow on the ground with a pad, some pilots do fly in rain or drizzle, I personally haven't, there will be many opinions on it, if you don't feel happy then don't, it's your equipment at the end of the day!

I don't like to mix electricity and water. Tends to make a bad situation worse.

Would you use an electric razor or hair dryer while taking a bath?

Go to the general forum and read the “Interesting Incident Report” thread. It’s about drones that have been “certified” for light rain crashing when they get wet. Yuneec drones do not have any rain certification.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Go to the general forum and read the “Interesting Incident Report” thread. It’s about drones that have been “certified” for light rain crashing when they get wet. Yuneec drones do not have any rain certification.
If it's SELV ( Safety Extra low voltage) then yes. But it's right what you say.

In Canada you could use your shower or razor in the tub because our National Building Code says we have to have a GFI plug located anywhere there is water, so yes.....we can here.......but I still don't like the idea of flying in it if at all avoidable.

In Canada you could use your shower or razor in the tub because our National Building Code says we have to have a GFI plug located anywhere there is water, so yes.....we can here.......but I still don't like the idea of flying in it if at all avoidable.
What the bath??

Reactions: DoomMeister
I don't fly when there's snow on the ground much less when it's raining or snowing.
I got my first multi rotor some years ago in the January of that year and it was delivered at around the same time we were having bad snow here in England. But I just HAD to test it...well it was a sparkly new toy so you gotta test it. So, as soon as it stopped snowing I was out that door like a shot. But not with my brain completely switched off. I took a blue tarpaulin with me to separate the aircraft from the foot deep snow. However, I did fly it a bit too high for the conditions...so much so that it reached the cloud base which, incidentally, happened to be around 400 ft where I noticed the aircraft become a bit unstable. It turned out that ice had started forming on the props! I was lucky not to crash on that first outing.

These days lying snow is a no no for me too as well as freezing temperatures keeping in mind that it can be colder up there than it is on the ground.

In Canada you could use your shower or razor in the tub because our National Building Code says we have to have a GFI plug located anywhere there is water, so yes.....we can here......

The concept is much too much like playing Russian Roulette.

We have a similar electrical code here but it only applies to structures built AFTER that code was adopted or circuits that have been upgraded after original construction. Many older homes ( pre 70’s) don’t have GFI circuits.

I can only find GFCI? The circuits here in locations near a bath are low voltage SELV. That's still 240volts isn't it?

You folks on the Brexit side of the pond are 240v DC? I know EU is but haven’t been to England.

You folks on the Brexit side of the pond are 240v DC? I know EU is but haven’t been to England.
240 volts AC. SELV is a separate circuit transformer etc low voltage
IEC defines a SELV system as "an electrical system in which the voltage cannot exceed ELV under normal conditions, and under single-fault conditions, including earth faults in other circuits".

There exists some confusion regarding the origin of the acronym: "SELV" stands for "separated extra-low voltage" in installation standards (e.g., BS 7671) and for "safety extra-low voltage" in appliance standards (e.g., BS EN 60335).

A SELV circuit must have:
  • protective-separation (i.e., double insulation, reinforced insulation or protective screening) from all circuits other than SELV and PELV (i.e., all circuits that might carry higher voltages)
  • simple separation from other SELV systems, from PELV systems and from earth (ground).
The safety of a SELV circuit is provided by
  • the extra-low voltage
  • the low risk of accidental contact with a higher voltage;
  • the lack of a return path through earth (ground) that electric current could take in case of contact with a human body.
The design of a SELV circuit typically involves an isolating transformer, guaranteed minimum distances between conductors and electrical insulation barriers. The electrical connectors of SELV circuits should be designed such that they do not mate with connectors commonly used for non-SELV circuits.

A typical example for a SELV circuit is a Class III battery charger, fed from a Class II power supply.

Reactions: PatR
I can only find GFCI?
GFCI and GFI are the same thing. Kinda like "color" and "colour."

Btw, it's also code in the US to have a GFI in wet locations like bathrooms, but GFI outlets aren't 100% reliable (nothing is) and so I still wouldn't dry my hair in the bathtub.

Well actually, I wouldn't dry my hair in the bathtub because it's silly to dry off while still immersed in the substance you're trying to get rid of, but... ;)

Reactions: PatR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval