Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rapid Red flashing and high, medium , low beep beep

Reaction score
I just bought a TYPHOON H, the controller comes on just fine. When powering in the typhoon all the prop lights come on the camera connects but the LED main light flashes red rapid and gives a high, medium, low beep beep. my reading says that the initialization has failed.
May question is how do I fix it???

As you suspected, it is failing to initialize. You will need to connect to the GUI to see what is failing.

The GUI can be downloaded from the Yuneec Support Website:
"Downloads - Yuneec"

Guidance for how to use the GUI is in this video, provided by @Steve Carr:
"
"

Ensure you use a DATA CAPABLE USB. A common USB charger cable will not work. A USB cable of the correct type should have been provided in your Typhoon H kit.

Reactions: DoomMeister
As you suspected, it is failing to initialize. You will need to connect to the GUI to see what is failing.

The GUI can be downloaded from the Yuneec Support Website:
"Downloads - Yuneec"

Guidance for how to use the GUI is in this video, provided by @Steve Carr:
"
"

Ensure you use a DATA CAPABLE USB. A common USB charger cable will not work. A USB cable of the correct type should have been provided in your Typhoon H kit.

I do that next. No other suggestions have worked. Thanks for the reply!

thanks Steve, yes it’s in home.
Not sure if you meant Home or Angle. Home will cause rapid red flashing, which is why @Steve Carr asked about it. But it does not produce the beep codes you described, which sound like initialization failure.

As Steve said, please ensure you are in ANGLE mode (center switch position).

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I hope that it is not the DREADED RED FLASH of DEATH. Steve helped me with one that I had and nothing worked except to put in a whole new mainboard. After this was done with the help of Steve with his programs for flashing the mainboard before eventually replacing it. In the procedure, I had to put the program on an sd card and put it in the camera to upload it, but it would not do it, so change out the boards and get the H flying and started to tinker around with the old board and wonder why it would not upload through the camera. Well, the socket for the camera connection was not soldered on the mainboard correctly and had 3 dry tabs not soldered correctly. Me being me thought this is a piece of cake resolder and then have a spare board not so, give them their dues, people that repair these things have a great skill base as me with my gentle carpenter's hands found out, one board with melted camera connection.
Just a bit of a diversion and this may be what "outback195" may have. Johnno Hennessy.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone