Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H ditched into lake

Reaction score
Hi all, long time browser, first time poster. Looking for advice on how bad things are with this. I was showing someone how to fly my typhoon and they made a "pilot error" which resulted in the drone clattering off a tree and into a fresh water lake. I got it out after about 10 seconds at most. The lights were still on, and it was making that distress beep they do when they go down. It wouldn't turn off via the on/off switch, so I pulled the battery. I took it home and placed it by the lit stove to dry it out, before placing it beside a dehumidifier for the night.

Woke up this morning and put a battery in to see if it was alive/dead, and it powered up but the LED indicator at the rear was flashing red and it was making a 3 tone beeping noise (high, middle, low low low). And two of 6 rotor LED are not lighting Looking on here it seems it has failed to initialize. I also got no telemetry on the st16.

Before I think about binning it, is there any hope for a resurrection?
If not, is it worth keeping for spare parts? Any and all advice is appreciated!

Scone
Ireland

Hi all, long time browser, first time poster. Looking for advice on how bad things are with this. I was showing someone how to fly my typhoon and they made a "pilot error" which resulted in the drone clattering off a tree and into a fresh water lake. I got it out after about 10 seconds at most. The lights were still on, and it was making that distress beep they do when they go down. It wouldn't turn off via the on/off switch, so I pulled the battery. I took it home and placed it by the lit stove to dry it out, before placing it beside a dehumidifier for the night.

Woke up this morning and put a battery in to see if it was alive/dead, and it powered up but the LED indicator at the rear was flashing red and it was making a 3 tone beeping noise (high, middle, low low low). And two of 6 rotor LED are not lighting Looking on here it seems it has failed to initialize. I also got no telemetry on the st16.

Before I think about binning it, is there any hope for a resurrection?
If not, is it worth keeping for spare parts? Any and all advice is appreciated!

Scone
Ireland
No matter what you decide, I would keep the drone as parts are getting harder to find. Good luck

I suggest you remove the top half of the shell and then remove the flight controller. The barometric sensor may still have water or moisture inside. The sensor is protected by foam which may not allow it to dry completely. In addition, the battery may well have water inside which will damage the connection on the distribution board.

Attachments

• Barometer-2.jpg
    Barometer-2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • Flight Controller-2.jpg
    Flight Controller-2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 18
  • Flight Controller-3.jpg
    Flight Controller-3.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 20
  • 20170707_002411.jpg
    20170707_002411.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
If you are confident everything is dry after removing and reinstalling the flight controller, the next step is to connect the H to the GUI to see if there are any red check marks.

This is the method to remove the Flight Controller:

2 lights failing to come on on the booms? They aren't the front ones are they? I had a panic when my H+ came up like that... But then realised I'd switch off the front lights so they don't cause any camera issues. Does the H have that option? That detail might be a red herring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval