Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rebuild of a Q500

Reaction score
I have a crashed q500 and thought I wanted to play around and put it new together with a Rakon frame - there are just too many screws in the normal frame. All is good so far and everything is working but I thought if I build this thing I wanted to use both of my CGO3 cameras - one which connects with a cable from from the body and the other one which connect via the 3 contacts directly from camera to the gimbal mount.
And this is the issue I'm working on.
The cable from the board going to the plug on the body has 4 cables and the plug from the body to the camera 4 pins. The original cable from the plug on the body to the camera is 4 pins but uses only 3 cables and ends up at the camera with a small 3 pin plug. Maybe the pix will show this better.
The plug on the contact plate for the camera is also a 3 pin plug but different and the camera plug will not fit.
The solution I'm looking for is to have the option of using both cameras (not at the same time) without going through hassles with cable switching and I was wondering what would happen if I split the cables going to the coming from the board and have one set going directly to the plug on the body and an extension going to the direct contact connection. If this is possible then I need to find the proper plug going to the 3 plate mounting connector.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
237aae3168fc2b59ce562fd9c9c4480b.jpg
d470861472a5f1502e1515d4cf33eb14.jpg

This might work for me thank you. Where do I get the extension cable with the plug from?

The CGO3 BC-35-3P needs a special connector plug. The drone to camera connector does not fit.

You could probably find one somewhere, but you can also modify a spare compass wire to do the same thing. This thread has some discussion, and post 20 has some details for how to modify a compass wire.

Need advice

Working on this stuff now. Found the right plug on Amazon. But now I'm wondering why I have 4 cables coming from the board going to the camera socket. There is also a blue wire. The pictures above do not show what to do with the blue wire. The camera only has 3 wires and it explains what to do with those but why would they have a blue wire going there? Just for fun? Or for another camera in the future which we know has no future? :)

but why would they have a blue wire going there? Just for fun? :)

Not for the future. From the past. The earliest cameras had two grounds, one for each side of the gimbal board. But the ground trace on the gimbal board is one piece, and does not need two grounds. Yuneec first quit running the fourth wire to the camera, and later stopped running it from the mainboard. It originally came from a point in the left rear corner, near the source of the white wire. If your mainboard still has both grounds, it is probably from one of the earlier Q500 series. The last of the series just used one ground wire, from the motor bus at the front edge of the mainboard. As the history of the model evolved, there were several variations of mounting methods, connection locations, and even wire colors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece