Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Refurbished or new?

Reaction score
i am thinking about buying a manufacture refurbishment Typhoon H. I was just curious what you all thought about buying a refurb vs a new drone? The refurb comes with a one year warranty.

Just my view but when I buy a drone it has to be new, but that's just me (please see my caveat below). However, I can't see a major problem in getting a factory re-furbished H so long as it's been properly serviced and the price is right. But keep in mind that for Yuneec to have drones to re-furbish they must largely come from inventory acquired through people returning their drones for repair and/or replacement so some of them could have been knocked around quite badly having succumbed to gravity or those pesky trees. I think it's up to you if you want to go down that route. The one year warranty would be a must for such an aircraft.

Like I say, I wouldn't buy re-furbished. Caveat: I may consider a re-furbished drone if the price of it is too good to turn down and I really want it. I'm a commercial flyer too and have two aircraft at my disposal so the likelihood of me having to turn down a job is remote...but not non-existent. If it meant the possibility of loosing work should both my current aircraft be grounded I may consider a re-furbished aircraft as one option among others.

Welcome to the forum! Couple of questions... is this your first drone? What is your timeframe... do you need to buy immediately?

No embarrassment sir... to quote Yoda... good solid advice gave you!

Last edited:
Depends on who you get it from. If refurbished from the manufacturer with a new bird warranty, sure. From a secondary dealer with limited or no warranty, no.

i am thinking about buying a manufacture refurbishment Typhoon H. I was just curious what you all thought about buying a refurb vs a new drone? The refurb comes with a one year warranty.
Hello

I have H that I bought in July 2017 that I have Four batteries
I now do not have time to fly has not been out of case in seven months if you like to buy.
I have

It’s my first “real drone”. I’ve flown gliders and small toy drones in the past. The price is 400 dollars through the actual manufacturer with a one year warranty. If I buy new it’s around 850 dollars for the bundle I want. If I buy it used and get whatbthe bundle offers it’s around 650 including the simulator.

That pricing sounds good... I asked about your timeframe, because with the release of the H+ quoted as 3-6 weeks off, you will find several good offers in the "classifieds" sub-forum soon, as well as RMEIII's offer above. If you're getting a full 1 year warranty on that $400 offer, that's not bad... just know that if you ever do need warranty repairs, the time involved in that repair and where the H is repaired are factors out of your control.

Getting the simulator is definitely recommended... the complexity of the layout of the ST-16 can be intimidating... using the sim will allow you to get used to what the flight controls do. It does not provide a simulated camera output, so the camera controls will not do anything, but that's better to concentrate on flight aspects only.

There is a ridiculous amount of information on this board... what is not obvious though in this board software is how to find all that info... use the search function, which is the little magnifying glass icon in the upper right, above your username.

Last edited:
That pricing sounds good... I asked about your timeframe, because with the release of the H+ quoted as 3-6 weeks off, you will find several good offers in the "classifieds" sub-forum soon, as well as RMEIII's offer above
I’m in no hurry to buy. Still researching my drones. But so far the Typhoon has really caught my eye. I’m eventually going to start up a business with it and will probably upgrade it in a year or two.

Well......The price went up in price so I bought a New Typhoon H. I hope it easy to fly as it looks!

Well......The price went up in price so I bought a New Typhoon H. I hope it easy to fly as it looks!
Many experienced H pilots in this forum would say that the H is not a beginners aircraft (including me). I went on to flying the H having previously only flown Phantoms and it was a bit of a learning curve for me.

Make sure, then, that you've seen lots of videos on YouTube, have thoroughly read the manual (such as it is), and take small steps until you have become happy with it. There's also a flight simulator you can practice with that uses the ST16 that you may find useful. One more thing. Don't use 'smart mode' on your first couple of flights unless you are completely aware of it's foibles. Smart mode has sent many a H to a crash on a first flight.

Bought the dongle for the simulator. I am going to fly the crap out of the sim before my actual first flight. Is safe mode the 26 foot circle of death I keep hearing about? Also thanks for the advice I’ve been watching a ton of you tube videos on it and I plan on taking it very slow. Baby steps.

Bought the dongle for the simulator. I am going to fly the crap out of the sim before my actual first flight. Is safe mode the 26 foot circle of death I keep hearing about? Also thanks for the advice I’ve been watching a ton of you tube videos on it and I plan on taking it very slow. Baby steps.
Yep. The 26' safe circle is often referred to as the 'circle of death'. But it doesn't need to be a circle of death if you are aware of it: Take off outside of that circle if in safe mode (I advise to always take off in angle mode) and land outside of that safe circle if in safe mode (again, I advise to land in Angle mode).

In essence, there's nothing wrong with safe mode and can be quite helpful in certain situations so long as you are familiar with what it does and are fully aware of that safe circle...and avoid taking off and landing in that mode. The fact is, though, that many a noob has come to grief in that mode within their first few flights simply because they are unfamiliar with the necessity of taking off far enough away from the controller or haven't checked the position of their switches on taking off.

Sounds like the same one I was looking at, they wanted $399 for it than a few days later its now 600. I wish I bought it then as I was like, I'll wait next week to buy a spare bird...waited to long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789bet